Forum Rules Important

1. This forum is dedicated for PbP campaigns in a particular setting, feel free to read if you wish, but refrain from posting unless you are part of the campaign.
  2. If you wish to join a campaign PM the GM for that campaign and they will make a decision.
  3. PbP is often very different from regular table top forms of RP, please see a GMs campaign pitch for guidelines on style, frequency, and format of posts.

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

» Legend of the Five Rings: Steel & Honour, Restart?
Jimbo Cactaur
 Posted: Jan 13 2011, 12:27 AM
Quote Post

Hammerhand
Group: Super Moderator

Hi guys, I'm wondering who would be interested in starting up the old pbp again? I remember pretty well what was recently happening, not exactly the combat map or who was down etc. but we could pretty much pick up where we left off. We would also be missing a few players I think, and so could pick up some more soon if other people are interested. Let me know and I'll try to help you piece together your old characters: Toku Kaede and Kitsune ???
PMEmail Poster
^
Greg
 Posted: Jan 13 2011, 07:41 AM
Quote Post

Heroic
Group: Advanced Member

I'd be into that.
PMEmail Poster
^
Chronocide
 Posted: Jan 13 2011, 11:44 AM
Quote Post

Heroic

I'd be in. Just occured to me that it is pretty tough to prevent non particpants from posting. But I guess that's what giving warnings, and deleteing posts is for.
PM
^
Greg
 Posted: Jan 13 2011, 12:09 PM
Quote Post

Heroic

I have L5R fourth edition rules on pdf, if you want to take a look at them.
PMEmail Poster
^
Chronocide
 Posted: Jan 13 2011, 12:23 PM
Quote Post

Heroic

I don't think the rules are that important for a PbP as long as you know the basic system.
On another matter, I would not mind some help piecing my character back together.
On another another matter, just noticed this forum can be read by guests after forgetting to log in; just making sure that that was your intention.
PM
^
Greg
 Posted: Jan 13 2011, 01:15 PM
Quote Post

Heroic

For clarification on my previous statement, the PDF that I mentioned was legally purchased by me.
PMEmail Poster
^
Jimbo Cactaur
 Posted: Jan 15 2011, 01:05 PM
Quote Post

Hammerhand

Yes Greg, all here know you are not a nasty thief. And Chronocide, yes, it was/is my intention to allow guests to view this forum, perhaps they would be interested in joining us for a game or three.

Kitsune Kiyoshi
As for piecing your character back together, I don't recall much, except that he had the Fleet advantage, I think, he was a Fox clan bushi, he wore his sword on his back and didn't like bamboo shoots. He was also delivering a message to someone in the north, in Crane lands I believe. I have the excerpt that I sent you way back then if you wish. Other than that you can essentially create a new character stat-wise, starting with the same origin of course, and I will allot you CP to spend based on how I recall your guys' adventure progressing. I may be on the more generous side.

Greg, do you happen to have your character saved somewhere? I have the excerpt that you got way back as well, if you need it. Let me know. I believe your puppy was named Shika.

Anybody want to throw in their two bits as to what had/was happening with the story, I don't want to forget anything important or subtle in my The Story So Far post.
PMEmail Poster
^
Greg
 Posted: Jan 15 2011, 01:26 PM
Quote Post

Heroic

So would you prefer that I still use 3rd edition for creating my character, or might I be able to make use of my 4th edition rulebook?

I don't believe I have a copy of the actual character sheet, but I have a fairly clear memory of the character in terms of description, personality, and background.

This post has been edited by Greg: Jan 15 2011, 01:28 PM
PMEmail Poster
^
Chronocide
 Posted: Jan 15 2011, 01:28 PM
Quote Post

Heroic

Okay so lets go like this
Crazy unicorn got jumped and nealy got her ass handed to her by bandits when she went o the stables.
Ratling saved her.
Several of (A bunch of people can't remember exactly who) come rushing in due to the comotion. The rest stay in the in.
Relevent people trie to resolve things.
Unicorn butchers bandit in cold blood.
Things setle down a bit
PC realise they are all heading north and set out together.
Crazed ogre attacks the groun, I think the Unicorn died
Bunch of random stuff happened in a little village mostly concerning dumplings and thefts and corrupt minor monks.
Crazy Crane gets in a duel she obviously can't win and dies.
I get stuck delivering yet another letter, do to stupid Crane.
Some new characters show up in the village, and we head north again.
We saw bandits and attacked them.
I believe Kiyoshi (hey remembered my chars name) was in mid air about to make a massive downward strike on the big bad boss when things ended.

Oddly enough I happen to have my equipment list, And a few notes.
PM
^
Greg
 Posted: Jan 15 2011, 01:35 PM
Quote Post

Heroic

The Unicorn was seriously injured in the battle with the Ogre, and I think we left her to recover in dumpling village.

As for where we left off, Kaede was currently fighting alongside the ronin girl (who is secretly an assassin or something), against another group of thugs up the hill. Kaede is currently trying to use the trees to hinder the mobility of the one thug that was wielding spear.
PMEmail Poster
^
Jimbo Cactaur
 Posted: Jan 15 2011, 01:41 PM
Quote Post

Hammerhand

Ok, yeah, so that brings a lot back to my memory, I had forgotten the fate of the Unicorn. I'll see if I can write up a update post on that, along with some info on the setting for people who may be eventually interested. And I'll start a character thread. Greg you can use 4th ed if you wish, how different is it really?
PMEmail Poster
^
Chronocide
 Posted: Jan 15 2011, 02:19 PM
Quote Post

Heroic

I'd just like to point out that a fendish rewording of 4th ed makes one of my carefully planned character behaviours no longer works.
PM
^
Jimbo Cactaur
 Posted: Jan 15 2011, 08:36 PM
Quote Post

Hammerhand

please explain.
PMEmail Poster
^
Chronocide
 Posted: Jan 15 2011, 09:01 PM
Quote Post

Heroic

It had to do with the rules for duels being changed. Where the old version said those that do not cary a sword at their side, make a clame that they are no swordsman and my change the duel to something else, shogi flower aranging etc. The new rules change that to those who do not carry a weapon. It also annoys me for historical reasons but thats another topic.
PM
^
Jimbo Cactaur
 Posted: Jan 16 2011, 12:08 AM
Quote Post

Hammerhand

We can keep that ruling the same, I think the mechanics for instigating a duel are unnecessary anyway, in a pbp it would be RP'd. Plus there is the tradition that one has a year to prepare for the duel, and they like to cast that aside easily enough. I think duels, even looked for, are unlikely with the group we have, at least sword duels. When two characters want to slice away at one another under pretense of a legal duel then so be it. But as all non-ronin samurai serve lords, well, committing to a duel without permission is not their right.
PMEmail Poster
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (2) 1 2  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll