Forum Rules Important

1. This forum is dedicated for PbP campaigns in a particular setting, feel free to read if you wish, but refrain from posting unless you are part of the campaign.
  2. If you wish to join a campaign PM the GM for that campaign and they will make a decision.
  3. PbP is often very different from regular table top forms of RP, please see a GMs campaign pitch for guidelines on style, frequency, and format of posts.

Pages: (10) « First ... 8 9 10  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

» L5R Steel & Honour, Chapter 12, Over Branch and Under Briar
Jimbo Cactaur
 Posted: Jun 19 2012, 10:44 PM
Quote Post

Hammerhand
Group: Super Moderator

PMEmail Poster
^
Greg
 Posted: Jun 20 2012, 10:57 AM
Quote Post

Heroic
Group: Advanced Member

Kaede sheathes his swords and picks Rin up. Carrying the girl over his shoulder, he stares in awe at the castle that has materialized from the water. He then cautiously approaches it, touching its wall with his hand. "Amazing what the kami are capable of. How long will this last?"
PMEmail Poster
^
Jimbo Cactaur
 Posted: Jun 24 2012, 11:20 PM
Quote Post

Hammerhand
Group: Super Moderator

Akio's voice carries only so far over the steady churning of the wall. Nonetheless a few samurai notice them and soon Yoritomo Fushou is called over. Through gestures and hand signals the three burly samurai are led around the fortification to an area modeled after the front of a fortress. There before them stands a pair of twenty foot tall doors of water.

The samurai on both sides attempt to lever them open, pushing and grunting and getting royally soaked in the process, but the doors remain implacable. Eventually someone goes in search of Moshi Kinyo to remedy the situation.

Meanwhile Yoritomo Buntaro approaches Reijiro and the sleeping shugenja,
"You have proved yourself invaluable yet again Reijiro-san. You have my thanks. Do you think that Kinyo-san will be alright? I have only seen a few masters attempt this spell in my time, and the jade fire spell earlier in the battle was no mean feat in itself. There seem to be some men outside and though the spawn have departed for now it would be prudent to get them inside as soon as possible."

He looks gently at the sleeping shugenja, and such an expression somehow does not look out of place as he regards the young priestess. "Perhaps we should let her regain her strength. Those men can handle themselves it seems."

When the Mantis comes running looking for Kinyo Buntaro turns him away. "Watch over her, ronin-san" He says over his shoulder, then he walks away.

Elsewhere Kaede and Kiyoshi locate the woodsman. He is gravely wounded, but still fighting for life. Tsuruchi Akinori arrives with someone who can bind his wounds and the fellow does his best, but he needs the attention of a real healer to survive more than a couple days.

Akinori replies to Kiyoshi,
"Yes it could have Kitsune-san. It is a great blow to lose both Daidoji-san and Yoritomo Dorai at the same time. But we held the hill, and in time to provide a respite for our whole party. I do not know what our numbers are like, but those here seem to be relatively unharmed."

Indeed the Wasp speaks true, most of the samurai resting within the walls of the castle suffered only minor scratched or bruises. It is the ones fallen outside on the slope that took the worst of it, but more than double the bodies of their foes litter the ground to mark their valour.

After some time, before the light of a new morning rises, Moshi Kinyo wakens. She leans heavily on Reijiro for support as she makes her way to the front gate of the castle and with a few faltering words causes it to open. Kagura, Hio, and Akio happily walk in and are cheered quietly by the samurai left on guard duty while the others sleep. Kinyo then makes her way around to the most wounded, applying whatever healing magics she can to ease their pain and knit their flesh. She labours long over the crumpled form of the woodsman and eventually looks up saying that his body is healed but his mind may never recover. Then she walks away to an unoccupied corner of the fortress and kneels down to pray.

Some time will elapse now, and a new chapter will start. Hopefully It will be up in the next couple days.
PMEmail Poster
^
Chronocide
 Posted: Jun 25 2012, 08:30 AM
Quote Post

Heroic

Okay so exactly where is everyone and who are the notable characters that are a live or dead. Also not really clear on the woodsman's sister either. Didn't want to be asking questions during the combat and destroy the epic wall of text.

Anyway assuming both the woodsman and his sister are alive.

Mostly to himself but audible to anyone around him. "As long as his sister lives, I suspect he shall recover in time. Now I should..." Kiyoshi begins to get up from his crouched position, but is cut off in speech and action. Exhaustion overcomes him and he collapses to the floor.
PM
^
redeadlink
 Posted: Jun 25 2012, 07:07 PM
Quote Post

Heroic

Akio basks in the praise of the Mantis warriors, but sends them away to get some rest.

He lies down with his sword and hammer at hand, and soon falls asleep.
PM
^
Itinerant
 Posted: Jun 25 2012, 07:16 PM
Quote Post

Adventurer

Satisfied that Kinyo is stabile and safe, Rejiro collapses in exhaustion and falls into a deep sleep.

Hey, awesome job with this chapter, everyone. It's certainly my favorite chapter we've had in a long time. A round of sake's on me :)
PMEmail Poster
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (10) « First ... 8 9 10  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll