Forum Rules Important

1. This forum is dedicated for PbP campaigns in a particular setting, feel free to read if you wish, but refrain from posting unless you are part of the campaign.
  2. If you wish to join a campaign PM the GM for that campaign and they will make a decision.
  3. PbP is often very different from regular table top forms of RP, please see a GMs campaign pitch for guidelines on style, frequency, and format of posts.

Pages: (8) 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

» L5R: Steel & Honour, Chapter 11, Ryoko Owari Toshi
Jimbo Cactaur
 Posted: Jun 5 2011, 12:41 AM
Quote Post

Hammerhand
Group: Super Moderator

The Crane graciously bows his head in thanks and takes a seat next to Akio. Without appearing too concerned he glances at the servant, who takes the subtle hint and backs away to a more respectful distance. He waits for a drink, and then casually holds it in his hand for a moment before speaking, "I could not help overhearing that you are one of the fabled deathseekers. It has come to my attention that this city may not be safe for you much longer, that is if I have not missed my mark in guessing who you are?"

---

The young man smiles broadly at Kaede's interest and bows his head as if asking for forgiveness,
"I am sorry Toku-sama, I have been forbidden to reveal anything of the nature of the gift. All will see it when it is presented to the Empress. But that will not be for quite some time, so I am afraid that is as much as I can help you at the moment."
PMEmail Poster
^
redeadlink
 Posted: Jun 5 2011, 12:55 AM
Quote Post

Heroic
Group: Advanced Member

"And who have you guessed me to be? I was unaware that I was even important enough to have others know of me. Also, when you say unsafe, what do the people here intend?"

Akio is somewhat taken aback by this strangers matter-of-factness. He starts to scan the room again with his one eye.
PM
^
Jimbo Cactaur
 Posted: Jun 5 2011, 11:28 PM
Quote Post

Hammerhand

The Crane smiles a polite smile, "There are not many one-eyed deathseekers wandering around Scorpion lands this time of year."

As Akio begins to scan the room his guest discreetly eyes the servant, who responds with a nearly imperceptible tilt of his head. When Akio looks back at the Crane he is taking a drink as if nothing happened. "I do not know who, Matsu-san, but let me say that I would be disappointed if you found your death here in this city."
PMEmail Poster
^
Greg
 Posted: Jun 7 2011, 12:42 PM
Quote Post

Heroic

Kaede nods understandingly. "In that case it must be a thing of some grand magnificence. I'll leave you to your work, apprentice." Toku nods in appreciation and leaves the workshop.

So far Kaede had not found much success in his search. As he wanders the streets, Kaede tries to remember the childhood stories of the blade to gain some extra hint as to where to look.

OOC: What does Kaede's grandfather's sword look like again? Do I need to make it up myself, or have we already discussed that?
PMEmail Poster
^
redeadlink
 Posted: Jun 7 2011, 07:07 PM
Quote Post

Heroic

"I thank you for your warning, and for your openness, but I will not leave until I have met the one I was waiting for when you came up to me. After that, I will see what happens. It may be that this is where I find my lost glory."

Akio pays for the mans drink and continues to sit and scan the room, wary of any hidden danger.
PM
^
Jimbo Cactaur
 Posted: Jun 12 2011, 01:04 AM
Quote Post

Hammerhand

The Crane finishes his drink and bows to Akio, about to leave. "You may indeed find your glory here, but I believe that you carry with you a destiny greater than that." He bows again, and smiling, turns and leaves.

---

OOC: There is no concrete information that Kaede would know offhand. What he has gathered from his inquiries at home is the type of sword, the colour of the sheath, and the colour of the grip, both of which can unfortunatelly be changed. He does have the feeling, however, that if he got a close look at it he would know, deep down.

As Kaede wanders his thoughts travel backward to when he was just a boy and more eager for stories of his ancestors glory than actual study. Though shame drove him out of his clan, his grandfather was a great man. There is a fragment of a memory of how he came into possession of the blade, something about it being a gift to signify peace at the end of a great battle or something. He also recalls that there was something distasteful about the weapon, some ornamentation that his grandfather disliked but could not bear to be rid of at the same time.

After some time of aimless wandering and private musing Kaede looks around himself and sees that the hour is growing late and remembers that he had intended to meet with the strange Lion samurai.
PMEmail Poster
^
Greg
 Posted: Jun 13 2011, 08:10 PM
Quote Post

Heroic

Kaede makes his way towards the House of Red Bulls.
PMEmail Poster
^
Jimbo Cactaur
 Posted: Jun 14 2011, 11:55 PM
Quote Post

Hammerhand

As Kaede enters the establishment a young Crane samurai leaves. He passes by the Monkey quickly, white hair trailing behind him like ice behind a snow maiden. The Doji's eye passes over Kaede momentarily and evaluates him, never showing a trace of emotion. Then he is gone, down the street and around the corner, the smell of his fine perfume still lingering.

Inside there are only a few other patrons, mostly merchants quietly working on business arrangements in preivate corners of the room. Kaede notices Matsu Akio sitting at a table and looking in his direction with his one good eye. The Lion's two servants are nearby, and Kaede can't help but wish to get a closer look at that fine blade.
PMEmail Poster
^
Greg
 Posted: Jun 19 2011, 08:05 AM
Quote Post

Heroic

Kaede grins and takes a seat where the crane had been shortly earlier, bowing briefly to Matsu Akio before speaking.

"Well, It seems, I've had no luck in my search so far. Both of those who I came here to find were unable to help me. Ah well. At least I managed to make my way to the teahouse."

Sorry about the delay, I didn't notice it at first, as it was covered by a post in chapter 10.

This post has been edited by Greg: Jun 19 2011, 08:06 AM
PMEmail Poster
^
redeadlink
 Posted: Jun 19 2011, 11:50 PM
Quote Post

Heroic

Akio stands and bows.

"It is no problem, Monkey-san. I myself just finished a very interesting conversation with the well-dressed Crane that just left. Again, let me introduce myself. I am Matsu Akio. And you might be? I am sorry that your search for whatever you were looking for did not work out. Perhaps I may be of some assistance later."

OOC - I think red might be better for OOC talk. Yellow doesn't show up very well.
PM
^
Jimbo Cactaur
 Posted: Jun 21 2011, 12:53 AM
Quote Post

Hammerhand

A servant comes up beside Kaede and silently pours him a drink. He looks uncertainly at Shika who is curled up exhausted beside her master but doesn't say anything.
PMEmail Poster
^
Greg
 Posted: Jun 23 2011, 06:15 PM
Quote Post

Heroic

Kaede ignores the odd glance from his server. "Possibly." Kaede gives scratches his head in thought for a moment, before speaking. "Speaking of which, I couldn't help but noticing that fine no-dachi of yours. You wouldn't mind telling me of it's history would you? "

This post has been edited by Greg: Jun 23 2011, 06:16 PM
PMEmail Poster
^
redeadlink
 Posted: Jun 29 2011, 09:06 PM
Quote Post

Heroic

"I can tell you that it has been in my family for three generations. Given as a gift to my grandfather in honor of his bravery and skill, it then passed to my uncle, and then me, who was seen to be worthier than my brothers (and sisters?). It is a fine weapon and has served me well. Here, you may take a look at it if you wish."

Akio motions for his servant to bring forward his sword.

Sorry for the delay, posting here has been lower on my priority list this week.
PM
^
Jimbo Cactaur
 Posted: Jul 4 2011, 07:35 AM
Quote Post

Hammerhand

Akio's attendant waves the peasant servant over with a flick of his wrist. The servant bows low to both Akio and Kaede while offering the no-dachi to Kaede, sheathed and blade up.

The attendant watches everything with a stern look on his face, but knows better than to say anything. From around a rice paper screen on the other side of the room a masked face watches the proceedings with mild interest. Neither Kaede, Akio, nor his servants notice the curious Scorpion.
PMEmail Poster
^
Greg
 Posted: Jul 5 2011, 04:30 PM
Quote Post

Heroic

"Arigato." Kaede accepts the blade from the peasant, admiring the sword's hilt and scabbard. He draws the hilt to the point where merely the tip of the blade rests upon the edge of the scabbard. He turns the blade in the air, inspecting the no-dachi from various angles.
Does the sword have any important or interesting details?
PMEmail Poster
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (8) 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last » Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll