Forum Rules Important

1. This forum is dedicated for PbP campaigns in a particular setting, feel free to read if you wish, but refrain from posting unless you are part of the campaign.
  2. If you wish to join a campaign PM the GM for that campaign and they will make a decision.
  3. PbP is often very different from regular table top forms of RP, please see a GMs campaign pitch for guidelines on style, frequency, and format of posts.

Pages: (8) « First ... 6 7 8  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

» L5R: Steel & Honour, Chapter 11, Ryoko Owari Toshi
Greg
 Posted: Nov 14 2011, 03:05 PM
Quote Post

Heroic
Group: Advanced Member

Alright, sounds good to me.
PMEmail Poster
^
Jimbo Cactaur
 Posted: Nov 15 2011, 12:56 AM
Quote Post

Hammerhand
Group: Super Moderator

The next day dawns a pale rose and the air remains crisp as the sailors and samurai make their way to the docks to board the Unknown Path. Even though it is very early the shoreline is a bustle of activity as cargo is loaded and unloaded by perhaps hundreds of hard working porters. Fishermen further down the river pull in nets laden with silvery fish, check weirs for slippery eels, or sit on the shore and mend their lines and sails.

At the end of the dock awaiting Yoritomo Buntaro is his first mate Yoritomo Fushou and a pair of large cloaked men. As the party approaches it can be seem that the two men wear the mon of the Hida family proudly on their chests. Each has a thick black mustache, a long black braid, and very muscular necks. At their feet are traveling packs as well as bundles of armour and weapons.

"Ah, Hida-sans!" Buntaro calls out, bowing only slightly. "I am so very glad to see you here. I hope you find my ship up to your standards?"

The Crab return the bow. "Yoritomo-san, we are... glad to be here as well." The one on the left says. "Your ship seems sturdy enough to us, but perhaps it is fortunate that our journey will only be downriver. A Crab ship smashes apart even the most violent of seas."

Buntaro smiles, "But the Unknown Path here outpaces the most violent seas, and the most violent Crab ships as well. I have encountered none that were a match, on the river or sea."

The Crab narrows his eyes, thinking of something witty to say. "Huh."

Introductions are made and the two Crab bushi, brothers by the names of Hida Kagura and Hida Hio, size up both Matsu Akio and Toku Kaede. They seem interested in details about the oni, but as Akio has no personal experience with it yet he must pass them off to Kaede for that. Kagura seems quite proud and boastful, and Hio doesn't talk much at all. When Kaede mentions Nik'rr'tck in the battle story he asks one question which the monkey does not know the answer to: "Which tribe the ratling belongs to."

While the final preparations are being made Yoritomo Gobura calls Akio up to the deck. There waiting for him is the Crane samurai from the sake house. He bows a little and says,
"I see that you didn't take my advice, and that you almost paid dearly for it. But of course you are a harder man to kill than they thought. But if you keep being so reckless how am I to be certain that my interests are being looked after?" He raises his eyebrow at Akio's moderately confused expression. "Regardless, I have arranged for one of my most trusted men to accompany you on this quest of yours." He takes a step aside revealing a fully armoured Iron Crane standing on the gangplank. "I have talked with your captain and he seems all for it, though I wonder how much he is influenced by his desire to see those two Crab squirm. Anyway..." He turns to walk back onto the dock, but looking over his shoulder he says, "You take care of yourself now."
PMEmail Poster
^
redeadlink
 Posted: Nov 16 2011, 12:22 AM
Quote Post

Heroic

Question. What happened with looking for Kaede's sword? I thought that we were meeting a merchant or other?

"Arigato, Crane-san. May fortune smile upon you as well."

Akio sizes up the Iron Crane, and thinks to himself, "can he fight as savagely as the Lion?"
PM
^
Greg
 Posted: Nov 16 2011, 07:04 AM
Quote Post

Heroic

[COLOR=red]Maybe I'm misremembering, but I believe we managed to determine that we'll need to travel into crane lands to pursue our next lead.
PMEmail Poster
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (8) « First ... 6 7 8  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll