Forum Rules Important

1. This forum is dedicated for PbP campaigns in a particular setting, feel free to read if you wish, but refrain from posting unless you are part of the campaign.
  2. If you wish to join a campaign PM the GM for that campaign and they will make a decision.
  3. PbP is often very different from regular table top forms of RP, please see a GMs campaign pitch for guidelines on style, frequency, and format of posts.

Pages: (8) « First ... 6 7 8  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

» L5R: Steel & Honour, Chapter 10, The Road to Shinden Osano-Wo
Jimbo Cactaur
 Posted: Nov 6 2011, 11:08 PM
Quote Post

Hammerhand
Group: Super Moderator

Goro is encouraged by Reijiro's speech and offers to give him the blessing of Osano-wo, in such a way as he is still able to give.

----

Kitsune Kiyoshi is unable to open the puzzle box completely by the time they are set to depart. Intricate gaijin symbols decorate each of the small panels that slide or swing open. It is a clever design, and well made.

Master Ageku stops by the guest quarters once just before they leave to see if Kiyoshi has met with success and extends to him an invitation to return whenever he is finished learning the lessons the box reveals.
PMEmail Poster
^
Itinerant
 Posted: Nov 9 2011, 04:05 AM
Quote Post

Adventurer
Group: Advanced Member

Reijiro accepts the blessing with great honor. He's sad to depart from a dear friend, and one of the few confidents he has left. He thinks, it's probably time to work on my relationship with Kiyoshi in the coming weeks, which, will be easier than getting close to Kaede (if he's still alive).

I've always thought Kaede a bit too honest and kind for his own good. Kiyoshi is those things, but with a sense of seasoned grit that doesn't render him gullible. But everyone in these damned clans is too nice for their own good. Hospitality is good. But it makes me uneasy to see so much trust in everyone. When I was growing up, you barely trusted your own family. I couldn't even trust my master...

Oh well, now is not the time for such thoughts. I should get back to doing whatever I'm supposed to be doing.
PMEmail Poster
^
Chronocide
 Posted: Nov 9 2011, 12:43 PM
Quote Post

Heroic

Okay I am going to take it as read that we are now on our way back to meet up with the others.
Kiyoshi notices the vacant expression of one deep in thought that now covers Reijiros face. "A zeni for your thoughts Reijiro-san." Kiyoshi is keen to grasp at an opportunity that may grant his mind a temporary reprieve from thoughts and images of the puzzle box which now flow in and out of his mind like a surging tide.

This post has been edited by Chronocide: Nov 9 2011, 12:45 PM
PM
^
Itinerant
 Posted: Nov 11 2011, 10:21 PM
Quote Post

Adventurer

Reijiro abruptly shakes out of his consternation and smiles. "Half a zeni, likely. My thoughts aren't worth much these days. But if I were to posit something of value, it's that I do pray to the fortunes for Kaede and the others. I'm quite curious and a bit apprehensive to learn what fate might have befallen them. Did they say they would wait for us to attack the Oni? I thought Kaede said something about venturing into a city first. Either way, it seems fortune and misfortune favor him equally, and I have no doubt that if we can find him again, he shall have a tale or two for us."
PMEmail Poster
^
Chronocide
 Posted: Nov 12 2011, 09:20 AM
Quote Post

Heroic

"You woorry too much Reijiroo-san... no I guess in your case it's moore a matter of experience." Kiyoshi corrects himself, absently kicking a small rock along as he walks. "At any rate, our friends are surely charmed to have you praying foor them."
PM
^
Itinerant
 Posted: Nov 13 2011, 03:29 AM
Quote Post

Adventurer

Reijiro hoists his pack to a more comfortable position as he walks. "You're probably, I can be a bit of a pessimist. There's no merit letting cynicism rain on this lovely day." He trails off, letting his eyes wander around the vast scenery encompassing them.

"We have a bit of time. Can you refresh me on your story? In keeping with my dependable habit of poor memory, I can't seem to recall how a humble mantis such as yourself came into our company. What of your life before?"
PMEmail Poster
^
Chronocide
 Posted: Nov 13 2011, 01:49 PM
Quote Post

Heroic

"Not much stoory to tell I am afraid, I am but newly out of training. Truth be toold I was on my first real assignment when I met up with the good monk, Kaede-san and yourself. The direction I was heading in happened to cooincide with everyone else and travelling together seemed a prudent choice. As for my life before; my best memoories are of the forest, were I grew up. Then; when it came time for me to take up proper schooling I moved to Nanashi Mura and studied under the Eyes of Nanashi."
PM
^
Jimbo Cactaur
 Posted: Nov 13 2011, 11:18 PM
Quote Post

Hammerhand
Group: Super Moderator

I will let this RP go on as long as you'd like. I quite enjoy it.

The next post will open a new chapter wherein the heroes will journey back to the river and be reunited with their brethren in the hunt for the oni.

If everyone is alright with waiting a couple of days I will have that up. I am also working on a Warhammer post that might intrigue.
PMEmail Poster
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (8) « First ... 6 7 8  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll