Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

» Advertising, How & where?
Jimbo Cactaur
 Posted: Mar 23 2011, 07:58 AM
Quote Post

Hammerhand
Group: Super Moderator

I think we are as established here as it is going to get through word of mouth. Our forum has depth, but it's still lacking active members outside our group. I think that this has been put off for a bit because nobody really wanted to start it other than me, but I'd like your feedback. I am talking about putting up a few posters in certain places that will attract attention from our target audience. Namely RPers.

One place I think would be good would be Four Aces, even though he doesn't do a lot with games comics do have a fair bit of overlap in the fan field. Maybe another place could be Warcraft Games in Mission. And if this works at all, perhaps a common place at UFV? Any other suggestions for where?

Now onto the How. A small 8.5x11 sheet with something to catch the eye and all pertinent details posted in an easy to read and consise way would be my preference. Any suggestions? I have no good skill with layout like that.
PMEmail Poster
^
Chronocide
 Posted: Mar 23 2011, 11:52 AM
Quote Post

Heroic
Group: Advanced Member

Advertise away! :D

Also sounds like we can run a contest. Design an awesome poster to hock our awesome wares. Prize maybe the winner could get an in forum award or prestigious title like Crown Duke of Poster-vertizing.

Need a submission deadline and then a voting deadline, if we go this way. So maybe not the best method.
PM
^
mandlebrot
 Posted: Apr 24 2011, 04:31 PM
Quote Post

Rank and File

If you email me the posters I could put some up at TWU, I can't imagine too many RPers there, but there might be some I simply don't know about...
PMEmail Poster
^
dingo
 Posted: Apr 24 2011, 10:30 PM
Quote Post

Heroic

Yeah, I don't think we have posters right now...
PMEmail Poster
^
redeadlink
 Posted: Apr 29 2011, 09:45 PM
Quote Post

Heroic

So lets get to making some! I'll help, even though i'm not artistically oriented.
PM
^
dingo
 Posted: May 28 2011, 12:58 AM
Quote Post

Heroic

Dudes, we are now officially Googleable. Search "fraser valley rpg," and this is the first page to show up. I realize that's a pretty small victory since you have to literally type the forum name to get the proper result, but it's a step in the right direction.
PMEmail Poster
^
Greg
 Posted: May 28 2011, 06:38 AM
Quote Post

Heroic

The calendar is also one of the pages that shows up. We should start using that, methinks.
PMEmail Poster
^
dingo
 Posted: May 28 2011, 01:20 PM
Quote Post

Heroic

Yeah, maybe an open event would attract some new members, though I suspect that the calendar page alone wouldn't really be a reliable means of advertisement.
PMEmail Poster
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll