Pages: (24) 1 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

» New World of Darkness Compaign, nWoD campaign discussion thread
Blacktrench
 Posted: Jan 26 2012, 02:04 AM
Quote Post

Adventurer
Group: Advanced Member

Hello everybody!

I am looking to run a New World of Darkness campaign for 3-4 players on that is heavily focused on character interaction and a collaborative proactive play style. Now what do I mean by collaborative? Well I would like to run a story with the the smallest amount of railroading possible, ideally with none at all. This story would be one where you as the player can actually change the goals, focus, and destination of the main plot on a large scale and are encouraged to do so!

Due to the almost collaborative nature of this project I can only give you guys a basic idea of what I would like to run. First, this is the world of darkness so things will be dark. You can except to run into themes such as tragedy, death, suffering and corruption; will you sink into despair or rise above these challenges grasping hope, redemption, and potentially salvation?

Second, you will all start as humans as I would like everyone to start off with the same potential, yes you all will have the potential to become something greater than just a human however as I mentioned whether you delve into the darkness and come out changed or shield yourself against it will be up to you.

I haven't chosen a time period for this campaign to take place in, the time period is of little conscience to the story; in light of that fact I have chosen to let those that are interested in this campaign to pick the time period that my story will take place in (within reason! No World of Darkness Stone Age :P).

If you are interested in joining or have any questions please post them below along with your suggested time period and what days of the week work best for you.

Cheers ^_^

PM
^
Greg
 Posted: Jan 26 2012, 07:35 PM
Quote Post

Heroic

I'm definitely available Mondays and Saturdays. Wednesdays are a maybe, depending on if we're doing board games a Jeremy's every week or every other week. Fridays we're currently doing Mass Effect on a weekly basis but we may be going back to every other week once Jeremy's done with his arc. Sundays are a maybe, as I'm typically shooting movies on Sundays, but we typically end out day of shooting at around 5:00, so that might work.

In terms of time period, I would ideally want to play in sometime during the industrial revolution era, though I'd be happy with anytime before the rise of the internet and the "global village". Modern day is still okay, I guess, but I think I'd have more fun where there is more need for actual travel in order to get things done.
PMEmail Poster
^
Blacktrench
 Posted: Jan 27 2012, 11:58 AM
Quote Post

Adventurer

Hey Greg,

Thanks for your schedule, and your period suggestions. To elaborate on your desire for globe trotting, I will allow my players to move the plot to different locations. I will likely pick the starting location however where you guys go from there is up to you, so to anyone else interested in playing please keep that in mind when thinking about what periods you'd like to see. ^_^
PM
^
dingo
 Posted: Jan 27 2012, 02:07 PM
Quote Post

Heroic

I'm in, as long as scheduling works. This semester has me really busy in the evenings, so the only evenings I have free for RPG's are Fridays and Saturdays. Those might still be a little iffy, though, since my band might end up playing some of those nights once we start getting gigs.

As far as time period goes, I'm in agreement with Greg in that I'd like to play in a pre-internet era. I can't quite explain why this is, but the Eighties and early Nineties have a certain appeal to me.
PMEmail Poster
^
trick
 Posted: Jan 27 2012, 03:13 PM
Quote Post

Adventurer

I'd be interested. I'm free on Mondays and Thursdays, at the moment. I might be free Fridays too.
PM
^
Blacktrench
 Posted: Jan 27 2012, 03:52 PM
Quote Post

Adventurer

Glad to see more responses! :)

It looks like the day that are best for everyone so far would be a bi-weekly Friday alternating with Mass Effect.

How likely is Fridays going to work for you Trick?

If Fridays are untenable Dingo, there is no way you could do Monday right?

As for setting it seems that pre-internet is the consensus so far, Trick also mentioned to me earlier that he would be interested in Industrial Revolution as well. We won't make any final decisions on setting until a week from my original post (February 2nd) to give anyone else who would like to join a chance to post their own ideas, schedule, etc.

PM
^
dingo
 Posted: Jan 28 2012, 05:21 PM
Quote Post

Heroic

I have a class on Monday evenings, so no.
PMEmail Poster
^
trick
 Posted: Jan 30 2012, 11:25 AM
Quote Post

Adventurer

I should be able to make a bi-weekly Friday work. I might have to miss once in a blue moon, but that's okay.
PM
^
Greg
 Posted: Jan 30 2012, 11:52 AM
Quote Post

Heroic

So we're looking at Fridays opposite of Mass Effect?

I that a really fun time period that everyone would probably enjoy would be the roaring 20's.
PMEmail Poster
^
Blacktrench
 Posted: Jan 30 2012, 12:01 PM
Quote Post

Adventurer

Alright, thanks for the quick responses Dingo & Trick.

Yes Greg, unless anyone has any objections I will be holding this campaign bi-weekly on Fridays alternating with Mass Effect.

On Thursday I will be cutting off setting suggestions and we will vote. Following the voting we will have a character creation session and be on our way.

Cheers :)

PM
^
Aggregate
 Posted: Jan 30 2012, 04:49 PM
Quote Post

Adventurer

If there's still a spot open I'm interested.
PM
^
Blacktrench
 Posted: Jan 30 2012, 06:11 PM
Quote Post

Adventurer

Yes there is a spot still open for you Aggregate :)

Do you have any time period suggests? If so, please post them before Thursday.
PM
^
Blacktrench
 Posted: Feb 2 2012, 12:54 AM
Quote Post

Adventurer

Alright gang, it is Thursday so time period suggestions are finalized! :D

We have a choice between:

The Industrial Revolution,

The Roaring 20's,

The 80's/90's.

Please choose of two of the three time periods, a primary and a secondary, and post them below. I will tally the votes on Sunday evening or when all parties have voted, whichever occurs first.
PM
^
dingo
 Posted: Feb 2 2012, 10:04 AM
Quote Post

Heroic

1. The 80's/90's
2. The Roaring 20's

There's my vote.
PMEmail Poster
^
Greg
 Posted: Feb 2 2012, 10:11 AM
Quote Post

Heroic

1. 1920's
2. Industrial Ravolution

I'm entirely not against 80's/90's, it's just that there are other time periods that I'd enjoy more.
PMEmail Poster
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (24) 1 2 3 ... Last » Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll