Forum Rules Important

1. This forum is dedicated for PbP campaigns in a particular setting, feel free to read if you wish, but refrain from posting unless you are part of the campaign.
  2. If you wish to join a campaign PM the GM for that campaign and they will make a decision.
  3. PbP is often very different from regular table top forms of RP, please see a GMs campaign pitch for guidelines on style, frequency, and format of posts.

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

» L5R: Steel & Honour, Chapter 9, Unknown Path
Itinerant
 Posted: Apr 19 2011, 06:14 PM
Quote Post

Adventurer
Group: Advanced Member

"If you would like, Kiyoshi-San, I believe I can see to it that Goro-San is taken to the monastery. I wouldn't presume to trouble you with this burden. You're certainly welcome to accompany Kaede-San in to City of Lies, and we will rendezvous there after Goro is attended to. Still, if you were to come, I should welcome your company."
PMEmail Poster
^
Jimbo Cactaur
 Posted: Apr 20 2011, 12:28 AM
Quote Post

Hammerhand
Group: Super Moderator

"Hmmm, so it seems that we are to put in at Kawa Fuchi Mura. I had best inform Fushou-san." Buntaro raises from his seat and walks to the door through the antechamber and out on to the deck.

Tsuruchi Akinori steps forward with a slight bow,
"Kitsune-san, Reijiro-san, would it be alright with you if I requested to accompany you to Shinden Osano-Wo? My grandfather retired there when I was but a boy and I have always had the desire to visit him but never the opportunity. I do not know if he still lives, but I would like the chance to find out."
PMEmail Poster
^
Chronocide
 Posted: Apr 20 2011, 01:09 PM
Quote Post

Heroic

Reply to Reijiro:
"There is little reason to travel up river oonly to come back down, better to spend my time in service then sitting useless on a booat."

Reply to Akinori:
"But of course Tsuruchi-san with the rooads of Rookugan being as they are it would seem prudent to travel together. Besides I find soo little opportunity to spend time with fellow clansmen, that I am scarcely aware of the gooings on within the clan. I should appreciate the opportunity to get caught up on current affairs."
PM
^
Jimbo Cactaur
 Posted: Apr 20 2011, 11:47 PM
Quote Post

Hammerhand

Tsuruchi Akinori bows slightly to Kiyoshi again, "It would be my honour to answer any questions that you have."

Yoritomo Buntaro returns to the cabin and closes the door. He looks expectantly from one face to the next, pausing and frowning as he notices that a conversation was just recently ended.

Akinori bows to him,
"Yoritomo-sama, I humbly request permission to accompany Kitsune-san and Reijiro-san to Shinden Osano-wo and back. I can help ensure safety during travel and company for our clansman, it will also give me the opportunity to visit my grandfather who retired to that temple for the first time." He waits expectantly for a reply.

Buntaro scratches his chin.
"I would hate to lose your powerful bow Akinori, and your leadership skills, but it is as you say, you can help protect our friends here and check up on your grandfather. The Fortunes know you have earned a break, but be sure to be back in Kawa Fuchi Mura in three weeks time, we should not dally any longer than is required. I assume you have already spoken to these two?"

Buntaro gestures to Kiyoshi and Reijiro, and Akinori nods. "We are just about at the dock, you'd best get all your things together so we can unload as quickly as possible."

Goro, the pony, and the sledge are all unloaded at the small fishing village on the west side of the river while Tsuruchi Akinori, Kitsune Kiyoshi, and Reijiro prepare their gear for the journey. They are given food and various supplies to make travel easier and Moshi Kinyo blesses each of them before they go.

Another chapter will start on Saturday to deal with this leg of the journey, while this one will remain open for Toku Kaede until he reaches the City of Lies.
PMEmail Poster
^
Greg
 Posted: Apr 23 2011, 07:31 PM
Quote Post

Heroic

Kaede will try to find Shika before heading above deck to see his companions off.
PMEmail Poster
^
Jimbo Cactaur
 Posted: Apr 24 2011, 01:23 PM
Quote Post

Hammerhand

Tsuruchi Akinori, Kitsune Kiyoshi, and Reijiro disembark quickly from the kobune as Mantis sailors hold it fast to the dock with sturdy ropes. Once they are ashore the sailors cast off again and push the ship back out into the current and unfurl the sails. Shika runs around the deck barking in excitement and Yoritomo Buntaro stands at the railing and shouts, "Go well and may Jikoju guide you safely there, and Komoku speed you on your return. We will meet here again in three weeks."

The ship sails on, catching a favourable wind from the south as it reaches the center of the river. Buntaro turns from the railing and watches Kaede play with his dog. "That is an interesting pup Toku-san, where did you get him? He seems not to mind the movement of the ship."
PMEmail Poster
^
Greg
 Posted: Apr 24 2011, 09:08 PM
Quote Post

Heroic

Kaede releases the stick that he and Shika were using for a tug-of-war and lets the dog scamper off with her "hard won prize". He wipes her saliva off on his hand, not taking offence at Buntaro's mistake in calling Shika a "he".. " Oh, She's a Gaijin breed. Got her from some merchants during my travels. She's a clever girl. Likes to stay close to me so she makes a good traveling companion. I'm trying to train her to make her better in a fight."As shika passes by again, flaunting the stick in his direction, Kaede swings his arm down to grab it from her.

This post has been edited by Greg: Apr 24 2011, 09:09 PM
PMEmail Poster
^
Jimbo Cactaur
 Posted: Apr 26 2011, 11:02 PM
Quote Post

Hammerhand

Shika twists her head slightly at the last moment, evading Kaede's grasp. She drops the stick at Buntaro's feet.

He reaches down and picks it up,
"She made herself scarce during the fight with the oni, but came out again at the end, she is a clever dog for sure. I have never seen the fighting dogs used by the Moto in battle." He tossed the stick across the deck and watches Shika retrieve it. "But I would think that Shika here would put them to shame when is comes to cunning."

The remaining boat trip upriver is uneventful. The weather remains good and the wind favourable. Moshi Kinyo checks up on Kaede's wounds again giving him a clean bill of health. Yoritomo Buntaro invites him to eat with him for a few meals and the conversation is always light and friendly. He talks mostly of the beauty of the Mantis Isles and the open ocean, stirring in Kaede a longing to see such sights.
PMEmail Poster
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (2) 1 2  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll