Forum Rules Important

This forum is used to help players find a campaign to participate in. In order to facilitate this we ask the following.

1. If your campaign is full or not accepting players, please close the topic. The topic can be opened again if this changes.
  2. Place the name of the system used in the topic name for instance "BESM: Giant robots in space"

Pages: (14) 1 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

» Giant Robot campaign, 3-4 players, weekly
Jimbo Cactaur
 Posted: Jan 11 2014, 08:28 PM
Quote Post

Hammerhand
Group: Super Moderator

That's right, I am back for a limited time only to run a game I have been thinking about for a long time.

Genre: Giant Robots (think anime styled mecha)
System: Warhammer Fantasy Role Play % system modded for this game.
Players: 3-4max
Occurrence: Weekly, Wednesday @ 6:30 in Mission.
Starting: Wednesday the 15th for character and setting creation
Runtime: 3 Months estimated.

The deal with this game is that it should be cool and fun, and since everyone has their own ideas about the genre we are going to hash out the particulars together during setting creation. Think about how the mecha are powered, where they came from, what sort of political situation you want to start with. Are there aliens? Is it even on Earth? Will we go to space? All these questions must be answered collectively and in doing so we will all be on the same page.

Notes on gameplay:
Two profiles: Pilot Profile and Mecha Profile
Weapon Skill, Ballistic Skill and Agility transfer from the Pilot for use with the mecha but are limited by the mecha's listed max.
Skills: Pilot Specific, pretty much all non-combat.
Talents: Mixed between Pilot Talents and Mecha traits, often won't transfer to use with Mecha
Equipment: Mostly Mecha-based. Built in weapons require energy and reduce armour strength.
Movement: Still up in the air, we'll talk.

Let me know here or by PM if you're interested.

J
PMEmail Poster
^
Chronocide
 Posted: Jan 11 2014, 09:22 PM
Quote Post

Heroic
Group: Advanced Member

Totally in. But you probably could have guessed that.
Sadly I got the flu, so here's hoping I am better by Wednesday.

Given how things tend to derail IRL, maybe it would be prudent to try to get some (though not all) of the details ironed out here?

This post has been edited by Chronocide: Jan 11 2014, 09:24 PM
PM
^
Jimbo Cactaur
 Posted: Jan 11 2014, 10:05 PM
Quote Post

Hammerhand

True, getting you guys to task is like herding cats.

I'll write up the survey here and then everyone can have more time to think about it, and I'll get a few basic Mecha profiles ready, are there typically the standard 4 archetypes: Long Range, Brute Force, Fast Recon, and Comm/Support? Like Archer, Fighter, Thief, and Mage.
PMEmail Poster
^
trick
 Posted: Jan 13 2014, 06:07 PM
Quote Post

Adventurer

I'm interested. I'll see if I can carpool with Chronocide.

This post has been edited by trick: Jan 13 2014, 06:08 PM
PM
^
Greg
 Posted: Jan 13 2014, 09:09 PM
Quote Post

Heroic

I'm in, if there is a spot open.
PMEmail Poster
^
Chronocide
 Posted: Jan 14 2014, 05:22 PM
Quote Post

Heroic

So I am well enough that I will be coming tomorrow Jan 15.
I will be leaving at 6:00pm, if you want a ride be here.

What about food?
Should we order in Chinese; or are we all going to fend for ourselves beforehand?
PM
^
Greg
 Posted: Jan 14 2014, 07:11 PM
Quote Post

Heroic

I like the idea of chinese food. 2014 has been off to a great start in terms of climbing out of the pit that was 2013, so I can contribute to that.
PMEmail Poster
^
redeadlink
 Posted: Jan 14 2014, 07:34 PM
Quote Post

Heroic

i'm not off till 6, so i guess i'll be a bit late to the party.
PM
^
Jimbo Cactaur
 Posted: Jan 14 2014, 11:15 PM
Quote Post

Hammerhand

That's it, the four members of the fellowship. I'll be working on the survey and Mecha/character sheets tonight. Chinese sounds good. I don't know a good local place in Mission.
PMEmail Poster
^
trick
 Posted: Jan 15 2014, 11:39 AM
Quote Post

Adventurer

We could pick up food in Abby and drive it to mission. That would require a little organization though.
PM
^
Jimbo Cactaur
 Posted: Jan 16 2014, 10:04 PM
Quote Post

Hammerhand

So what are we going to call the robots?
PMEmail Poster
^
Greg
 Posted: Jan 17 2014, 07:33 AM
Quote Post

Heroic

Depends on culture and origin. Can't remember for sure, but I think we went for a techbological development origin, making for a name that would be related to their purpose. On the other hand various other things such as how extravegant the nobility is, and what language group our little country belongs to.
PMEmail Poster
^
Chronocide
 Posted: Jan 17 2014, 12:35 PM
Quote Post

Heroic

Let's see standards are.

A.M.W.S. (Assault Maneuver Weapon System, pronounced "aims")
Arm Slaves
Armours
Gears
Heavy Frames
Jagers
Knights
Mobile suits

Questions about how humanoid they look also matter
If they come in a wide variety of appearances they might need to distinguish.
eg in Gundam they have mobile weapons;humanoid ones are mobile suits, and the others are mobile armours (I believe).

Then there is XOS the closest thing we have today.

I tried thinking of a good Acronym, but was unsuccessful.
PM
^
Jimbo Cactaur
 Posted: Jan 20 2014, 01:17 AM
Quote Post

Hammerhand

I'm open to having all types dependent on use of course. I've always like the practical term "frame", especially considering that in meta knowledge what we are using as a template, ie the mecha profile sheet, could be called a frame too.

I'll suggest:
LSF - Light Scout frame
MAF - Medium Asault frame
HBF - Heavy Battle frame etc.

So the light, medium, and heavy would stay constant as well as the frame aspect, but the role could be switched out to whatever the mecha is intended for. Of course I think each culture/power would have a different way of going about this, and I like the idea of actually naming the machines too.

This is what you guys are likely going to start in:
LSF -Rand mkIII

Also I want to institute a special rule for combat scenarios, each of you are to select a theme song, no more than 6 minutes long, that you feel will fit your character and his fighting style. Each other participant in any battle will also have a theme song, and depending on which song is playing on a random loop that character will have a certain bonus.
PMEmail Poster
^
redeadlink
 Posted: Jan 20 2014, 02:33 AM
Quote Post

Heroic

P.O.D. - Boom is one i'm thinking of, but i'll think some more on it.
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (14) 1 2 3 ... Last » Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll