Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

» BESM Chapter 1
SirKaid
 Posted: Jun 1 2011, 08:16 AM
Quote Post

Rank and File
*
Group: Advanced Member
Posts: 35



Matthews nods approvingly at your equipment picks. "Good, good. It's best to be decisive and self-assured when potentially dealing with combat. Anyway, what I need you to do for me is simple enough."

He gestures to a large map pinned to the door. "This is where we are. Around a day's walk south-by-southeast of us, here, is a small farming village called Tywyn. What I want you to do is escort our wizard Aeronwy, I believe you've met, down to Tywyn, wait there for her to finish whatever it is that wizards do in villages, and escort her back. Easy enough job, all you've got to do is avoid the goblins, any roving Lowland patrols, and setting off Aeronwy's temper."

"Oh, and Takahiro, right? About your bike. I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but your tank was empty when we dredged it out of the river. Since Elandra hasn't even had an industrial revolution, let alone learned how to make gasoline, your bike's out of commission until Aeronwy can get around to enchanting it to run on magic."
PM
^
Chronocide
 Posted: Jun 1 2011, 12:02 PM
Quote Post

Heroic
*
Group: Advanced Member
Posts: 625



A wry smile forms on Takahiros face and he flexes, unimpressively, his arm. "Well if that's all thats wrong with it things aren't so bad off. I'm a mechanic after all, so things should work out just fine; yup I'll be sticking with this war lance for sure." Takahiro pulls his "Glove of Alchemy" on. "Water into wine is a neat trick, but water into petrol is more my style." B)

OOC{It may only last 12 hours but that should be long enough in most cases. }
PM
^
Greg
 Posted: Jun 2 2011, 01:15 PM
Quote Post

Heroic
*
Group: Advanced Member
Posts: 720



"Sound Easy Peasy." Hikaru says in a somewhat overconfident manner. "We doing this right away, or do we get to take a tour of the village first?"

I really need to determine what the correct spelling of my character's name is.
PMEmail Poster
^
SirKaid
 Posted: Jun 4 2011, 03:20 AM
Quote Post

Rank and File
*
Group: Advanced Member
Posts: 35



Matthews chuckles. "I guess it's no surprise I didn't think of that, Mister Mechanic. A dumb grunt doesn't change his spots. We can try it out in the morning before you leave, but if it doesn't work you'll be going on foot."

To the rest of the group, he says, "Head on back to your cell for now. This being a military outpost and all we don't exactly have any guest rooms available at the drop of a hat. I'll have someone wake you up around dawn, so try and get some shuteye."

Without further adieu, he shoos you out of the armoury before heading off elsewhere in the fort, presumably his quarters. Is there anything you would like to do or say before tomorrow morning?
PM
^
Chronocide
 Posted: Jun 4 2011, 05:47 PM
Quote Post

Heroic
*
Group: Advanced Member
Posts: 625



Being the curious type, I think that Takahiro will wonder around the fort a bit at least enough to get his bearings, learn where the bathroom kitchen, and emergency exits are.
PM
^
dingo
 Posted: Jun 4 2011, 08:19 PM
Quote Post

Heroic
*
Group: Advanced Member
Posts: 456



Ito's stomach gurgles loudly. He hadn't eaten much this morning to begin with, and with the day being as hectic as it has, he's pretty famished. He looks around him to see if anyone noticed as he looks to see what Takahiro is doing. Maybe there's some food around here.

((Sorry, I keep forgetting to select my cool items. I'll try to get that done by Monday.))
PMEmail Poster
^
kallman1206
 Posted: Jun 5 2011, 07:32 AM
Quote Post

Rank and File
*
Group: Advanced Member
Posts: 71



Ichirou finally finishes his labours of hiding knives on his person, and agrees with the herd mentality.

"Food before we set out, then?"
PMEmail Poster
^
Greg
 Posted: Jun 7 2011, 12:51 PM
Quote Post

Heroic
*
Group: Advanced Member
Posts: 720



Despite Matthew's apologies, Hikaru is somewhat incredulous in regards to the situation.

"Seriously? The jail is the best you can come up with for accommodations? Don't you have some spare cots or something in the barracks? Can we at least get separate cells or something?"

This post has been edited by Greg: Jun 7 2011, 12:51 PM
PMEmail Poster
^
SirKaid
 Posted: Jun 8 2011, 11:12 PM
Quote Post

Rank and File
*
Group: Advanced Member
Posts: 35



Matthews pokes his head back around the corner and says, "Oh, sorry. Forgot to tell you. Around half of the men here are superstitious hicks and I don't think they'd take too kindly to four strange-looking men waking them up in the middle of the night by going through the barracks. Also, it's standard policy to sleep with weapons nearby. You can see where I'm going with this, I hope?"

"Sure, I could wake them up and introduce you, but I'm more inclined to give four men a lousy night's sleep instead of fifty. Oh, and the mess hall's to your left. The golem can give you something to eat. I'll see you in the morning. Try not to wander, if someone finds a strange man walking around they'll wake me up to deal with it. Goodnight."
PM
^
Greg
 Posted: Jun 14 2011, 04:25 PM
Quote Post

Heroic
*
Group: Advanced Member
Posts: 720



You're a horrible person, Matthews". Hikaru says in a joking manner, though there is a hint of accusation in his voice. However, he relents, considering it not a good idea to continue to get on the American's bad side. "Very well, let's head to the jail and see if this 'golem' has anything good to eat."
PMEmail Poster
^
Chronocide
 Posted: Jun 15 2011, 11:20 AM
Quote Post

Heroic
*
Group: Advanced Member
Posts: 625



I'm fine with just assuming we get our food and proceed to bed with it magically becoming the next day.

When Takahiro re-enters the cell (whenever that might be) he will attempt to transmute a humble futon from whatever junk he can find lying around.
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll