Forum Rules Important

  1. This forum is dedicated for PbP campaigns in a particular setting, feel free to read if you wish, but refrain from posting unless you are part of the campaign.
  2. If you wish to join a campaign PM the GM for that campaign and they will make a decision.
  3. PbP is often very different from regular table top forms of RP, please see a GMs campaign pitch for guidelines on style, frequency, and format of posts.

Pages: (6) « First ... 3 4 5 6  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

» L5R Steel & Honour, Chapter 14, The long dark
Chronocide
 Posted: May 11 2014, 08:12 PM
Quote Post

Heroic
*
Group: Advanced Member
Posts: 625



Kiyoshi widens his stance using his knees to absorb the shaking and keep balance. katana in hand and steely eyed he awaits what is to come
PM
^
Jimbo Cactaur
 Posted: May 12 2014, 12:10 AM
Quote Post

Hammerhand
*
Group: Super Moderator
Posts: 760



Moshi Kinyo returns Akio's bow. Then she pulls out a scroll from her obi, and extending her hand once more to the Lion, begins to slide through the stone wall.

As they near their goal Akio feels himself assailed by an unseen force, a pressure that he must push himself against in order to keep going. He struggles and almost loses his grip on the shugenja's hand, but the steadfast presence of the earth kami beside him pushes him onward.

As they emerge from the stone the sounds of battle ring harshly in their ears. There is very little light in this cavern, what is present comes from two sources: On the far side is a jagged chasm that casts a ruddy glow against the wall above it, and in the center of the open area is a sword glowing blue scything back and forth, maiming and cleaving dark forms wherever it strikes. Kinyo instinctively crouches down and scoots to the left to gain the cover of a pile of stone. She peers over her protection gauging the threat.

----

Daidoji Ebizu looks at his two samurai comrades,
"Too bad the Deathseeker is not here with us. It sounds as if we are in for a glorious end!" He grins widely and draws his katana and wakizashi.

Hitasura responds without looking back,
"I think he might already be there, or at least someone is ahead doing battle."

Nik'rr'tck begins to slink ahead, hackles still raised, bone blade at the ready. His tail twitches back and forth and he seems to be mumbling to himself.
PMEmail Poster
^
redeadlink
 Posted: May 12 2014, 01:43 AM
Quote Post

Heroic
*
Group: Advanced Member
Posts: 357



*about time*

The Lion grasps his dai-tsuchi and leaps into combat with a fierce battlecry. He charges the first spawn he sees and swings his hammer in a massive overhead arc.
PM
^
Greg
 Posted: May 14 2014, 05:08 PM
Quote Post

Heroic
*
Group: Advanced Member
Posts: 724



Kaede proceeds cautiously towards the sound of battle.
PMEmail Poster
^
Chronocide
 Posted: May 15 2014, 10:11 PM
Quote Post

Heroic
*
Group: Advanced Member
Posts: 625



"A glorious end perhaps but even better to go on defending Rokugan." Kiyoshi moves toward the sound of battle with just his wakazashi, obi, fundoshi, and sandles.

This post has been edited by Chronocide: May 20 2014, 05:13 PM
PM
^
Jimbo Cactaur
 Posted: May 19 2014, 10:44 PM
Quote Post

Hammerhand
*
Group: Super Moderator
Posts: 760



Please note: Kiyoshi does not bear his katana. It was left lodged in the gullet of the Oni Lord earlier in the battle.
Moshi Kinyo shakes her head and mutters to herself. "And here I was going to cast Stone Skin on him before we announced our arrival..."

The shugenja watches the Lion rush headlong into the side of an unsuspecting oni spawn. She doesn't flinch at the sound of crunching bones as the great dai-tsuchi slams into the creatures spine. Its back legs give out, now useless, but it turns and snaps with slavering jaws.


----

Nik'rr'tck stops in the tunnel ahead. It is a good twelve feet until the cavern opens up, and from this angle there is very little illumination, but the Ratling's excellent night vision helps him hone in on the action in the dark. He tenses his body and springs ahead with a whispered,
"Tomorrow brothers!" A few seconds later the sound of an oni howl comes hurtling up the tunnel. It sounds like it is in pain.

Daidoji Ebizu raises he katana high and holds his wakizashi before him, then looks back at Kitsune Kiyoshi and Toku Kaede. He gestures with his head toward where the Ratling disappeared.
"Heh." Is all he says and then he turns and runs after the Nezumi.
PMEmail Poster
^
Greg
 Posted: May 20 2014, 01:52 PM
Quote Post

Heroic
*
Group: Advanced Member
Posts: 724



Joining the charge, Kaede rushes headlong into the darkness, following in a delta on the Crane's right, his katana gripped firmly with both hands and ready to lend the strength of his blade against anything in their path. His momentary fear gone, replaced with a fierce determination, Kaede's expression bears a striking resemblance to the immortalized Toku, Fortune of Virtue and founder of the Monkey clan, eyes staring fearlessly into an unknown future. Kaede's warcry mirrors that whispered by his Nezumi friend, as he joins Nik'rr'tck and all gathered in this moment to fighting against the twisted darkness that threatens to become the future of their common homeland of Rokugan.

"Tomorrow!"
PMEmail Poster
^
redeadlink
 Posted: May 20 2014, 04:48 PM
Quote Post

Heroic
*
Group: Advanced Member
Posts: 357



As the oni turns to snap at the Lion, he ducks under it and slices his tanto across its throat, then charges the next one.

This post has been edited by redeadlink: Jun 2 2014, 08:02 AM
PM
^
Chronocide
 Posted: May 20 2014, 05:23 PM
Quote Post

Heroic
*
Group: Advanced Member
Posts: 625



Kiyoshi holds his wakazashi to his side and walks after the others. He focuses on only the sounds his sandals make as they strike the stone ground and tries to filter out everything else there is nothing but the steady rhythm of his walking.
"..."

This post has been edited by Chronocide: May 21 2014, 05:31 PM
PM
^
Jimbo Cactaur
 Posted: Jun 10 2014, 10:50 PM
Quote Post

Hammerhand
*
Group: Super Moderator
Posts: 760



Black blood flows freely and with an infernal warmth over Akio's hand as his short blade bites flesh. The snapping jaws continue to follow him around but his charge soon outdistances the creature's reach. It drags itself after him with its four front legs but is pulled up short by a stone spike erupting from the ground into its midsection. Kinyo smiles slightly.

Matsu Akio doesn't even notice her aid as he approaches his next foe. It faces him and roars in defiance displaying a bifurcated lower jaw that gapes open to swallow him whole. The bushi can see the muscles in the spawns neck contracting as if it were about to spit hork a lougie.

To the right around the curve of the cavern Nik'rr'tck races across an open area and then scampers partially up a wall before launching himself on the back of an unsuspecting oni spawn. He grips his gifted bone blade tightly and plunges it into the creature's face. Despite not appearing very sharp the weapon slides into the skull plate like a chopstick into an over-steamed dumpling. He repeats this action five more times as the demon writhes beneath him.

Daidoji Ebizu's charge is much less acrobatic and the samurai, still stiff from his previous injuries, finds himself closing with an oni spawn taller than himself. The beast is distracted by the nezumi's daring leap and attack on his fellow spawn and does not notice the Crane until a measured stroke takes its foreleg off at the knee. Daidoji moves left to strike at the other foreleg and Kaede, following on the right, is faced with an unbalanced and quite angry oni maw rushing down at him.

Kitsune Kiyoshi enters the cavern more calmly. The sound of battle doesn't touch him as he walks in time to his footsteps. Internally the rhythm syncs up with the subconscious memory of his kata, he doesn't follow each motion, but with each step he is perfectly prepared to strike. He doesn't notice that the oni on his left is rearing up to crush Nik'rr'tck, just that it is the opportune moment to act.

----

On the opposite side of the cavern, in the dim glow from the volcanic vents, Reijiro thrusts home the glowing five foot long sword into yet another oni spawn. The creature sputters and chokes and then shrieks and smokes as the awakened blade burns it from within.
PMEmail Poster
^
redeadlink
 Posted: Jun 11 2014, 08:43 PM
Quote Post

Heroic
*
Group: Advanced Member
Posts: 357



The Lion vaults to the side.
PM
^
Jimbo Cactaur
 Posted: Jun 12 2014, 01:41 AM
Quote Post

Hammerhand
*
Group: Super Moderator
Posts: 760



A stream of putrid acid hisses through the air to where the Lion's head was moments before. Thick opaque eye protectors have covered the spawns six eyes to protect it from the vile brew.
PMEmail Poster
^
Greg
 Posted: Jun 12 2014, 06:09 AM
Quote Post

Heroic
*
Group: Advanced Member
Posts: 724



Kaede tumbles forward, rolling under and around the reach of the oni's claws and teeth. In a fluid motion Kaede spins his blades into the oni's back at the same movement. Not a moment after ebizu strike's the creaturr's other leg, the force of Kaede's blow sends it toppling forward.
PMEmail Poster
^
Chronocide
 Posted: Jun 12 2014, 11:37 AM
Quote Post

Heroic
*
Group: Advanced Member
Posts: 625



The rhythm stops; the sound of rushing wind; and then.
In an instance a blade severs the tendons of the reading spawn, as it falls to gain its balance the wakazashi pierces through the spawn's skull.
*Thok* *Thok* The sandals strike the stone ground.
Kiyoshi heads further in waiting for his instincts to select the next target.

This post has been edited by Chronocide: Jun 12 2014, 11:38 AM
PM
^
redeadlink
 Posted: Jun 17 2014, 10:22 PM
Quote Post

Heroic
*
Group: Advanced Member
Posts: 357



The Lion laughs again, his lust for battle fully awakening. his hammer lashes out, smashing into the shoulder of the spawn.
PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (6) « First ... 3 4 5 6  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll