Forum Rules Important

This forum is used to help players find a campaign to participate in. In order to facilitate this we ask the following.

1. If your campaign is full or not accepting players, please close the topic. The topic can be opened again if this changes.
  2. Place the name of the system used in the topic name for instance "BESM: Giant robots in space"

Pages: (14) 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

» Giant Robot campaign, 3-4 players, weekly
redeadlink
 Posted: Jan 24 2014, 06:46 PM
Quote Post

Heroic
Group: Advanced Member

well, apparently they build halfway decent mechs, so that's a plus
PM
^
Jimbo Cactaur
 Posted: Jan 26 2014, 06:21 PM
Quote Post

Hammerhand
Group: Super Moderator

I like both those songs guys, We'll see how they fit your characters as we go on. Just now sitting down to hash out the Pilot Profile sheets... Wish me luck!
PMEmail Poster
^
Chronocide
 Posted: Jan 26 2014, 09:48 PM
Quote Post

Heroic

Foodening

So what shall we do about food?
http://www.missionakasaka.com/menu-7.html
Has some decent part trays.

Pizza is also an option as long as they have a pizza with a gluten free crust.

Another option is for us to each bring a dish. I could bring a Greek salad.
PM
^
Jimbo Cactaur
 Posted: Jan 26 2014, 11:15 PM
Quote Post

Hammerhand

Skill changes so far:

Evaluate -> Analyze (more of a situational skill now than mercantile)
Haggle -> Negotiate (gets the setting feel right)
Row, Ride, Swim and Run -> Athletics (one skill to rule them all)
Channeling -> Hacking
Animal Charm, Animal Handling, and Animal Care -> Animal Training
Follow Trail -> Tracking
Trade -> Craft -> Technical Knowledge
Navigation -> Orienteering
Hypnotism, Lip Reading, Sail, Sleight of Hand, Ventriloquism -> Special Skills (not that these wouldn't be useful, but I don't want to have a line for each of them if nobody takes them, each is its own skill)
Silent Move + Shadowing -> Stealth (advanced skill)

Added: Recollection(basic skill)

Trick: What is your Theme Song?
Any of those three options for food work for me.

And how does this look for the standard ejection pod survival pack (for the part of the Confederacy that you are in at least)

-Ejection Pod Emergency Survival Pack: Flare Gun w/ 3 shots, 1 Red + 1 Green Smoke Marker Flares, Emergency 2-way Radio, 2 Weeks Jungle Rations, Canteen, Mess Kit, Fire Steel, Machete, Topographical Maps, Compass, Spade, Tent, Bed roll, 50’ Climbing Rope, MKL5 Light Carbine
PMEmail Poster
^
redeadlink
 Posted: Jan 27 2014, 01:00 AM
Quote Post

Heroic

seems a little overkill on the 2 weeks jungle rations.
PM
^
Jimbo Cactaur
 Posted: Jan 27 2014, 08:19 AM
Quote Post

Hammerhand

Even though you will be in trainers at the beginning I think the packs are standard. You should never have to actually eject out of the trainer anyway, but in the extreme situation where you would, you might need that many rations, or your frame just overheated and blew up.
PMEmail Poster
^
trick
 Posted: Jan 27 2014, 05:58 PM
Quote Post

Adventurer

I think this can be my song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OR05zibDwjk

Just kidding. I just realize that my song of choice is over 9min, so I'll either have to do some editing or choose something else.
PM
^
Greg
 Posted: Jan 27 2014, 06:26 PM
Quote Post

Heroic

PMEmail Poster
^
trick
 Posted: Jan 28 2014, 07:19 AM
Quote Post

Adventurer

I'll go for I wish I was in Dixie.

This post has been edited by trick: Jan 28 2014, 07:22 AM
PM
^
Jimbo Cactaur
 Posted: Jan 28 2014, 07:45 PM
Quote Post

Hammerhand

I was worried with that boy scout song...

As long as you bring a final selection tomorrow Greg I am fine.

Food thoughts? I'm fine with whatever you guys decide, but perhaps order it to pick i up on your way out. Jacelyn and I were talking about it too, and because we are saving for our trip in the summer I don't always want to dish out 10+ $$ each week. She offered to help do food prep and have a rotating list of 4 meals if you guys don't mind? They'd probably weigh in at about $5 each on I'd say. Any preferences? We want easy to make things.
PMEmail Poster
^
Jimbo Cactaur
 Posted: Jan 28 2014, 08:52 PM
Quote Post

Hammerhand

I'm having a little difficulty with your skill list Greg, there are asterisks and triangles, I'm not sure what means what, and a few of your choices have been consolidated. So I'll do what I know by the triangles, and then add whatever asterisks I can afford.
PMEmail Poster
^
Jimbo Cactaur
 Posted: Jan 28 2014, 09:31 PM
Quote Post

Hammerhand

Skill holes for the squad are: Analyze, Disguise, Gamble, Negotiate, Recollection, Hacking, Performer, Pick Lock, Prepare Poison, Torture, and any special skills.

I will possibly allow additional skills before we start to cover the most problematic holes in the advanced skills list, as they can't be used unskilled.
PMEmail Poster
^
Greg
 Posted: Jan 29 2014, 10:45 AM
Quote Post

Heroic

Sorry. Spots with both numbers and arrows assigned have been raised by the number of arrows beside them. skills with arrows, but no number value haven't recieved any training. Stars ( I think) denote a talent bonus in certain conditions. I'm guessing there will be a few points freed up now that some of the skills have been consolidated.
PMEmail Poster
^
Jimbo Cactaur
 Posted: Feb 3 2014, 11:24 PM
Quote Post

Hammerhand

Supper this week will be Russian Meatballs over rice. I'm estimating that it will cost about $4 each, perhaps.

I will allow each of you to chose a different skill from the list of 'missed' skills @ 1 rank free. Each of you will also get to increase two different attributes by 2. I'm doing this instead of the standard +5 since there are no class limiters in place and I want growth to be more gradual and even.

And here's the rundown of what you know about the Chavez Ranger Training Compound.

CO: General Lee Te Giang

Dean: Colonel Rynold Davis

Instructors: Major Sophia Arnold - Tactics & Application 101, Sharpshooting 201 + 301, Basic Weapons Training level 1-5, Wave and Line of Sight Coordination 101 + 201.

Major Titus Herrera - Hacking & Counter-Hacking 101, Advanced Sims 101, Special Sims 201, Basic Frame Circuitry 201, System Overrides and Weaknesses 301.

Lieutenant Amanda Vega (Counselor) - Emotional Control & Interfacing 101, Sync-detachment Therapy(as needed), Advanced Torture Resistance Techniques 301.

Second Lieutenant Ross Biggs - Tactical Weapons Application 101, Frame Identification 101, Emergency Systems and Their Backups 201.

Any questions?
PMEmail Poster
^
redeadlink
 Posted: Feb 4 2014, 02:18 AM
Quote Post

Heroic

how old and/or attractive is Amanda Vega?

And are we all going to die?
PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (14) 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last » Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll