Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

» Tale From Mordheim: City of Death
Greg
 Posted: Nov 22 2017, 10:16 AM
Quote Post

Heroic
Group: Advanced Member

"Acolyte!"
A woman's voice rouses you from your sleep. Opening your eyes, you quickly survey the room for the source of the voice. You see nobody, merely the Spartan furnishings of the officer's quarters that you have temporarily claimed for your personal use. You are about to dismiss the voice as a fragment of a dream when the voice calls out again.
"Acolyte!"
Sitting up, you are able to ascertain the direction of the voice. You turn towards the window behind your bed to see a large Raven perched on the sill. It continues to speak to you, still with a woman's voice.
"Acolyte! What has happened here? Where are the Black Guard, and why are you sleeping here instead of the Garrison room?"
PMEmail Poster
^
Jimbo Cactaur
 Posted: Nov 22 2017, 02:22 PM
Quote Post

Hammerhand
Group: Super Moderator

Eckhart quickly scrambles to his knees and bows his head. "My Lord." He says. He hurriedly tries to cover the puckered, pink stump of his missing right hand. "I am at your service."

He looks past the raven to try to a certain the time of night before continuing.

"I am here because the barracks are filled with disreputable mercenaries. Of the Black Guard I do not know. They are gone, killed or captured as likely as not. I am part of the Marienburg Irregulars and when we came here three days past this fortress was occupied by a Vampire Lord and a vile necromancer. We destroyed the necromancer but the vampire escaped us. Our orders are to recover an artifact for our commander, and so we have hired mercenaries." There is frustration in his voice, as if he resents this turn as a lapdog to the political elite. He quietly awaits the judgement he feels is coming.
PMEmail Poster
^
Greg
 Posted: Nov 25 2017, 05:24 PM
Quote Post

Heroic
Group: Advanced Member

The raven gives a gleeful cackle, hopping back and forth as it speaks in a loud and croaking voice.

"MY LORD? I LIKE THE SOUND OF THAT! TRIBUTE MORTAL! YOUR LORD DEMANDS NICE SHINY TRINKETS FROM HIS SUBJECTS!".

The Raven's prancing mockery of you is cut short as it suddenly seems to choke. When it recovers, it's voice has returned to the womanly voice with which the raven first spoke to you.

"I apologise for my Familiar's conduct. He is a rather vain bird, and it would be wise to avoid stroking his ego.
I am Isolde, journeyman wizard and agent of the shroud. I suppose thanks are in order to you and your company. Your actions in sanctifying this place has cleaned up enough of the dear upon this place, allowing me to re-establish my connection to Orpheus here. I fear I must ask if you would be willing to assist us further? The Vampire Counts of Sylvania are preparing for war, and you may be the only of Morr's faithful within Mordheim that may have a chance of thwarting their plans for this city."
PMEmail Poster
^
Jimbo Cactaur
 Posted: Dec 15 2017, 02:08 PM
Quote Post

Hammerhand
Group: Super Moderator

Eckhart flushes with embarrassment. If it were not so late he would have picked up on the voice more. He kicks himself for being a fool. *what does he know of the Shroud?*

He straightens up and then sits on the edge of his bedroll. "My Lady Isolde, it is alright. The situation sounds dire indeed. My companions are set on a course of action that they must follow so I cannot speak for them, but I am at your service, such as it may be," He holds up the stump of his hand, "I have dedicated myself to serving Morr until the end. How can I help?"
PMEmail Poster
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll