Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

» Howdy and Welcome
Jimbo Cactaur
 Posted: Jan 13 2011, 12:00 AM
Quote Post

Hammerhand
Group: Super Moderator

Hello all,

Not many people are here right now, but we are hopeful that will change.

My name is James, and I'm from Abbotsford. I am part of the group that put this forum together because we perceived a need in the community.

I've been RPing for about 9 years now, on and off GMing too. It is super fun, even when you can only do it occasionally. I am usually up for any type of RPG, though I have a weak spot for grumpy and stupid dwarves.
PMEmail Poster
^
Greg
 Posted: Jan 13 2011, 04:22 PM
Quote Post

Heroic
Group: Advanced Member

My Name is Greg, also from Abbotsford and in the same group as James.

I've been playing for approximately four and a half years. I am primarily a player, and while I have GM'ed a decent number of campaigns, it is mostly because of certain campaigns or scenarios that I want to see happen, and no-one else seems willing to run.

As for my style of play, I enjoy exploring worlds, and seeing what the GM and the players come up with, though I often try to find ways to insert myself and my fellow players in whatever plan is being concocted.

I enjoy playing a wide range of characters, though often what I end up playing most is the fool. ;)

PMEmail Poster
^
dingo
 Posted: Jan 13 2011, 07:43 PM
Quote Post

Heroic

I'm Ryan from Abbotsford, and a member of James' and Greg's playgroup. I'm a relatively new gamer, having played my first RPG not quite two years ago. I've GM'ed only one short campaign so far, but I enjoy it at least as much as playing.

I don't consider myself much of a gamer, in the sense that I'm not particularly good at playing games. You could say that I'm more RP-oriented, as I do tend to focus on the development of setting, story, and characters. You could also say that I'm really just lazy and combat-challenged. As for settings, I'm generally up for whatever. I've yet to find my groove as a player, so I try to explore different types of player-characters.

As of this post, it's just us on FVRPG, but to those who have yet to come, I think I speak for everyone when I say this:

Make yourself at home, and have happy fun time. B)
PMEmail Poster
^
Chronocide
 Posted: Jan 13 2011, 10:27 PM
Quote Post

Heroic

Greetings all,

I recon it's 'bout time this old codger got off his computer chair and started pushing some pixels onto the screen. Chronocides the name and I've been playing RPGs for a while now. There's been good campaigns and there's been bad; systems I like and systems what make me wanna spit. But the people (even the ones I don't like) I've met and the experiences (even the bad ones) I've had have all taught me no small amount.

As fer GM'n; I've only run a few short one shots and the like, and am getting prepped to start my first real campaign. Here's hoping the players can put up with an ol' coot like myself.

Side note: I really like trying to make accents in text. B)
PM
^
redeadlink
 Posted: Jan 15 2011, 09:52 PM
Quote Post

Heroic

HEYY!!!! It's Ken, the freeaking amazing! I wanted to put a different word in between "the" and "amazing" but the ToS won't let me. I'm from Langley, but soon I will live in Abbotsford.

Anyways, I just started to play table top RPGs this year. I'm in the Warhammer one that James is leading, playing a violent Norseman. However, I do love it and am willing to try other ones as well.

Forgive me, but I do tend to be somewhat profane and I have a tendency to threaten people if they anger me. But I never mean it.
PM
^
kallman1206
 Posted: Jan 19 2011, 11:11 PM
Quote Post

Rank and File

Yo, I'm Dylan, also of Abbotsford. I'm related tangentially to the exploits of a few of those above, but do most of my stuff in a seperate enclave.

I've GMed my decent share, but can't really do serious or keep to a schedule :P
I am king of goofy one-offs, though.

I have played this and that, and can usually get into whatever system you throw at me. Bad habit of making characters who put their personal goals above the party's... nothing backstabby, but may take the moral highroad and just generally get on the others' nerves.
PMEmail Poster
^
Gordon228
 Posted: Jan 20 2011, 11:03 PM
Quote Post

Rank and File

Yo i am Nick Of Abbotsford and i have played in most of the one-offs said in the previous post and only been it to epic campaigns to date. Not had the chance to GM but am in the possess of doing so via game table with a small group so we shal see how that goes and as for story what story.
PM
^
Maxtroid
 Posted: Jan 27 2011, 01:59 AM
Quote Post

Greenhorn
Group: Members

Greetings all, I'm Max from Abbotsford, and I've never actually played a tabletop RPG-style game before, so I've got no experience whatsoever. In any case, Chronocide let me know about this online group, so I figured that I'd give it a try.

I already know a few of the people here, so I'm expecting this to be a colorful and entertaining experience. Unfortunately, I'm going to be away for the next couple of weeks, so I may or may not be easy to contact depending on whether or not I've got a good Internet connection.

Anyways, it's good to "meet" those of you who I do not yet know, and I look forward to some random adventures and whatnot.
PM
^
grahf
 Posted: Jan 30 2011, 07:51 PM
Quote Post

Greenhorn

Hi, I’m Joe from Abbotsford I've played some RPG's before mostly dnd 3e and d20 systems, have been stuck as gm for most of the games in my old group back in Cloverdale. Since moving out here I haven't gotten a chance to play at all really and my old group kind of fell apart.

I got this site from my brother Tom who works with someone here.
The last few years I've kind of kept my nose in several systems learning them and enjoying the game mechanics. I'll give a short list of systems I've looked at; shadowrun, world of darkness and some of the related books to that world, Pathfinder, Rogue Trader, Dark Heresy and Deathwatch.

I have kind of run my course with traditional fantasy and would love to get into a group that played something a little different then Dungeons and Dragons.
As for GMing I suck everyone knows it and I've only done it because nobody else bothered to read a DM guide or players handbook and wanted me to tell them everything needed to play, so really I kind of got pushed into it.
PM
^
edgeofanduril
 Posted: Feb 18 2011, 12:11 PM
Quote Post

Greenhorn

hey my name is Josiah, ive known ryan and greg for a while and ive only ever played 1 campaign of 12 sessions over 3 months in early 2010 with completely fresh D&D players GM'd by jesse rintoul.

It was fun ended up not getting much done and doing lots of drugs at the pub but whatever it was cool haha.

I want to get more experience so i feel like i know what i am doing when i play and would like to be able to gm eventually.

I really enjoy the stealth type characters when they work, and im still not sure of my characters personality yet but ill find it!

Ill play anything but i wouldnt mind trying out a star wars theme or zombie apocalypse theme. :P
PMEmail Poster
^
SirKaid
 Posted: Mar 16 2011, 02:57 AM
Quote Post

Rank and File

Hi there, this is Julian, brother to Dylan, living in Surrey.

I've been playing pen and paper RPGs for at least half my life, and for much of that time I've been the DM. I'm familiar with D&D 3, 3.5, and 4 along with d20 Modern and BESM.

I like running epic campaigns and can't run a one-shot for the life of me.
PM
^
Chronocide
 Posted: Mar 16 2011, 11:14 AM
Quote Post

Heroic

Welcome yo! Any chance of an Epic BESM PbP?
PM
^
SirKaid
 Posted: Mar 19 2011, 12:54 AM
Quote Post

Rank and File

If there's interest, sure. Give me a few days to think up a proper campaign starter and we'll be gold.

...actually, after five minutes I've got one. Not sure if it's any good though, so expect something within a few days. I need to drag this idea out behind the shed and beat the crap out of it.
PM
^
mandlebrot
 Posted: Apr 5 2011, 03:04 PM
Quote Post

Rank and File

Hello all, I'm Jesse, I'm from Abbotsford

I RPed with Greg's group for a long time but I sorta fell off a while back due to school and scheduling conflicts. But now that summer is here I am ready to re-embrace the world of RPGs, and I hope to make a habit of it into the coming semester.

umm, I like kittens and comics too I guess.

I've played a lot of dnd and (GMed a lot of it too, but mostly with new players). I've also played in various other Systems, L5R, Dark Heresy, Gurps... But at this point all I really want to do is get back into the swing of things.
PMEmail Poster
^
StarStrike
 Posted: Mar 11 2012, 01:14 PM
Quote Post

Greenhorn

I am Jason, currently living in Abbotsford. I have been playing D&D sense 2nd edition back in the mid 90's.

I do not know anyone around here as I am new to the area, but looking to get out and play a few sessions.

Currently I am mostly interested in D&D 3.5, and Pathfinder.
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (2) 1 2  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll