Forum Rules Important

This forum is used to help players find a campaign to participate in. In order to facilitate this we ask the following.

1. If your campaign is full or not accepting players, please close the topic. The topic can be opened again if this changes.
  2. Place the name of the system used in the topic name for instance "BESM: Giant robots in space"

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

» Star Wars Starfighter Sim, X-wing/A-wing Action!!!
Chronocide
 Posted: May 2 2012, 12:29 PM
Quote Post

Heroic
Group: Advanced Member

I am assuming my character to be more of a guest character for some point in time when you (redeadlink) want him in.

Name: ???
Race: Mon Calimari

Bio: went and completed officer school but found that there where many others better then he was and felt that his skills where better put to use as a pilot. Craft of choice obviously being the B wing.
PM
^
dingo
 Posted: May 5 2012, 07:51 PM
Quote Post

Heroic

Sorry for the lateness!

Jason Marisel is a human pilot. Both his father Voth Marisel and younger brother Dolren were also Rebels, before they were killed in action. Jason hopes to eventually work in more of a coordinating role in outer-space battles, but for now his skills are put to good use as a fighter pilot.

He is a more calculating and patient type than the typical cocky fighter pilot. This is not for lack of instinct, but more out of a desire for efficiency. He has gained a reputation for being the last guy to take any action in a fight, waiting for the perfect time to strike and then doing some serious damage. He flies an A-Wing.
PMEmail Poster
^
redeadlink
 Posted: Aug 25 2012, 10:58 PM
Quote Post

Heroic

Are people still interested in this?

And if you aren't, tell me what I could do better next time.
PM
^
dingo
 Posted: Aug 25 2012, 11:07 PM
Quote Post

Heroic

Honestly dude, I think it had little to do with your actual game and more to do with the format. I can't speak for everyone, but I find it really hard to stay invested in a play-by-post, regardless of whether the game is fun or not.

Try to run a tabletop game, seriously. I don't know if I'll have a lot of free time this academic year, so I can't promise that I'll play. But I think you'd have better luck running a game with real people in front of you, with jokes and snacks and dice and all that dun stuff. The social aspect really gets lost in a PBP.
PMEmail Poster
^
Greg
 Posted: Aug 26 2012, 08:02 PM
Quote Post

Heroic

Yeah, I think the format is really where the problem lies. I think you'd get much better results from the game if we were doing this around a tabletop.
PMEmail Poster
^
redeadlink
 Posted: Aug 28 2012, 07:39 PM
Quote Post

Heroic

Alrighty then. I ended the PbP campaign, but I think I'll keep my original script, tweak it a bit and turn it into some fanfic.

Hope you enjoyed the little bit that did happen as much as I did.

And exit stage right.

This post has been edited by redeadlink: Sep 11 2012, 07:35 PM
PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (2) 1 2  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll