Forum Rules Important

This forum is used to help players find a campaign to participate in. In order to facilitate this we ask the following.

1. If your campaign is full or not accepting players, please close the topic. The topic can be opened again if this changes.
  2. Place the name of the system used in the topic name for instance "BESM: Giant robots in space"

Pages: (16) 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

» Mass Effect RPG, Save the Galaxy!
redeadlink
 Posted: Jul 24 2011, 12:31 AM
Quote Post

Heroic
Group: Advanced Member

I think anything but lightsabers can be used for weapons. Everything else is just a regular gun.

BUT... I approve of changing the name "blaster rifle" to "assault rifle" because that's what its called.

My name is redeadlink, and I approve this message.
PM
^
Aggregate
 Posted: Jul 24 2011, 12:57 AM
Quote Post

Adventurer

Chronocide was probably wondering about the other types of equipment; the conversion we're using lists what weapons are allowed (note: it's not just lightsabers that are excluded; for example thermal detonators and ion pistols are cut as well) but it doesn't talk about things like comlinks and jet packs. There are many other things that we might assume to exist in the setting but weren't shown in the games.

As an aside I should also note that nowhere in the conversion are bio-amps mentioned; only implants. As a biotic I could really use one or two...
PM
^
redeadlink
 Posted: Jul 24 2011, 04:09 AM
Quote Post

Heroic

You'd probably want a Implant that boosts WIS then.

Bio-Amps are implants.... just saying.
PM
^
dingo
 Posted: Jul 24 2011, 09:22 AM
Quote Post

Heroic

Aw, that's not nice! :P
PMEmail Poster
^
Aggregate
 Posted: Jul 24 2011, 12:03 PM
Quote Post

Adventurer

QUOTE (redeadlink @ Jul 24 2011, 05:09 AM)
You'd probably want a Implant that boosts WIS then.

Bio-Amps are implants.... just saying.

Ok you're probably trolling but I'll explain bio-amps anyway so others know what I'm talking about.

According to the codex "An implant is a surgically-embedded interface port into which amps are "plugged in". "Implant ports can fit a variety of amps, and there is a growing market for modifications and add-ons." Granted amps do "implant" into implants in certain sense but that doesn't change the fact that I still want some amps! In the conversion I can take the biotic implants feat to become a biotic (maybe it includes a default amp? idk) but there are no details for if I wanted to swap a Gemini amp on top of/into my L2 implant. I want those details!

This post has been edited by Aggregate: Jul 24 2011, 06:27 PM
PM
^
redeadlink
 Posted: Jul 24 2011, 01:14 PM
Quote Post

Heroic

No I wasn't trolling, I was just mixed up. Trolling would be what I do on the GameFAQs boards. Sorry for the confusion.

I don't think that there is an analogous item to the Bio-Amp in the SW universe, so maybe a implant would be the next closest thing. Possibly a piece of headgear.

And the WIS boost wasn't meant as a insult to your character. I merely thought that as powers and damage (i think) are based off of WIS, the higher WIS score, the better. Again, I apologize if I came across as a jerk.
PM
^
dingo
 Posted: Jul 24 2011, 02:06 PM
Quote Post

Heroic

I read it more as a playful jab as opposed to jerkish trolling. At any rate, I see what you mean. Implants seem like the appropriate item to use in terms of handling equipment, but I guess that's up to the GM to decide.
PMEmail Poster
^
Aggregate
 Posted: Jul 24 2011, 02:17 PM
Quote Post

Adventurer

QUOTE (dingo @ Jul 24 2011, 03:06 PM)
I read it more as a playful jab as opposed to jerkish trolling.
While I don't want to get into a argument about false dichotomies I do wish to point out that I never said it was jerkish.

The term "trolling" is pretty subjective I guess, I just meant that I thought that given his knowledge of the setting he was being deliberately misleading to be humorous. I don't think trolling is by definition inherently malicious, although it certainly can be and I admit that's how it's generally characterized in pop culture, I think it's really just trying to get a reaction.

I apologize if my statement was taken as calling him a jerk; this was not my intention.

This post has been edited by Aggregate: Jul 24 2011, 06:56 PM
PM
^
dingo
 Posted: Jul 24 2011, 09:31 PM
Quote Post

Heroic

Right, so we cool then. Back to the game.

@ Greg: It seems that my idea about the circumstances of the Specter's death differs from Chronocide's. Do you want to figure this out now and work out the party's coming to be, or should we have it play out in Session 1? I guess it depends on whether you have something specific in mind for that -- particularly if you want to work Aggregate's character into the backstory -- or if you want us players to figure it out.
PMEmail Poster
^
Greg
 Posted: Jul 24 2011, 10:29 PM
Quote Post

Heroic

Well, you see... There was a firefight.... and then the Akbar exploded.

That makes some sense to me.

I'm getting it all sorted out in my head.

BTW: Do we want to go over the explosion of the Armitage and the death of the other Spectre in session 1, or do we want that as recent history.

This post has been edited by Greg: Jul 25 2011, 05:05 AM
PMEmail Poster
^
Chronocide
 Posted: Jul 24 2011, 11:02 PM
Quote Post

Heroic

You mean the explosion of the Akbar. Unless I have my alien name ordering mixed up.
PM
^
redeadlink
 Posted: Jul 26 2011, 06:42 PM
Quote Post

Heroic

hey hey I may not be able to make it if the next session is this Sunday. Got a bunch of family events that i am "required" to attend. Stupid weddings.
PM
^
dingo
 Posted: Jul 26 2011, 08:03 PM
Quote Post

Heroic

Nooooooooo!

I'd suggest Saturday if it weren't for anime days. Greg, are you doing both DnD and Mass Effect in the same weekend? If not, could we possibly try Friday night?

Depending on people's schedules, there's also the option of Saturday afternoon rather than the evening.

This post has been edited by dingo: Jul 26 2011, 08:04 PM
PMEmail Poster
^
Greg
 Posted: Jul 26 2011, 09:05 PM
Quote Post

Heroic

Well, THIS Friday would honestly be a bit too early for my preferences, as I've been pretty busy over the past handful of days and haven't had a good opportunity to get much more typed up in terms of my planning since Saturday.

PMEmail Poster
^
dingo
 Posted: Jul 26 2011, 09:46 PM
Quote Post

Heroic

Hmm, so how are we gonna do this? Should we postpone until next weekend, or try for Saturday afternoon?
PMEmail Poster
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (16) 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last » Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll