Forum Rules Important

This forum is used to help players find a campaign to participate in. In order to facilitate this we ask the following.

1. If your campaign is full or not accepting players, please close the topic. The topic can be opened again if this changes.
  2. Place the name of the system used in the topic name for instance "DnD4ed: Gather knights to save the king!"

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

» AD&D Dungeons of Dread
Gordon228
 Posted: May 23 2013, 05:49 PM
Quote Post

Rank and File
Group: Advanced Member

I would like to run all the Dungeons of Dread modules starting with S2 white plum mountain and ending with S1 Tomb of Horrors. the characters you make for S2 you will keep though to S1. i will try to weave them together as best i can. there is 1 of 2 ways to gen characters i will be using and they are the standers roll 4d6 removing the lowest one and the other is pick class and race then genning your scores. witch would you like to use? note i will have the reprint books friday. I am looking for 6 players i have possibly 2 already being Gwyd and TJ.

Edit: i now have the reprint books and there really nice. they even come with a bookmark attached to the spine of the book.

This post has been edited by Gordon228: May 24 2013, 11:19 AM
PM
^
Greg
 Posted: May 27 2013, 02:55 PM
Quote Post

Heroic

Not sure if I could make this work into my schedule, but I am curious as to what system you are thinking of using on this. Are we talking really oldschool AD&D 1E here? If so, I'd be curious at least for the white plume mountain part. Not sure about another run through old Acererak's tomb of deathtraps, as I've already run it a few times (unless, of course, you are planning on mixing it up a bit).
PMEmail Poster
^
Gordon228
 Posted: May 27 2013, 02:59 PM
Quote Post

Rank and File

i have the reprint AD&D books so it is AD&D 1ed and tomb of horrors is the last of the 4 Module i would be running as it's from lvl 10-14. now for tomb of horrors i have only done the 3.5 edition.

Edit: my plan for this was to tell it like an old guy telling a story of 6 heros and there 4 greatest adventures

This post has been edited by Gordon228: May 27 2013, 03:02 PM
PM
^
Jimbo Cactaur
 Posted: May 28 2013, 12:52 AM
Quote Post

Hammerhand
Group: Super Moderator

This is intriguing, how frequent would sessions be? It sounds so old-school that I really like it.
PMEmail Poster
^
Gordon228
 Posted: May 28 2013, 09:39 AM
Quote Post

Rank and File

i do not know how frequent it would be atm. but i was hoping it would be once a week or once every two weeks.
PM
^
Jimbo Cactaur
 Posted: Jun 2 2013, 09:53 PM
Quote Post

Hammerhand

Every other week would be the best I could do. With 6 players total how much leeway would there be for missing an occasional session? How many sessions is each of these modules expected to take? Like I've said I'm very intrigued, but I need to know about the time commitment. I would play whatever needs to be played (class and race). What world are the modules set in? Kyrnn or Faerun or Eberron?
PMEmail Poster
^
Gordon228
 Posted: Jun 2 2013, 11:24 PM
Quote Post

Rank and File

then every other week it is and the modules are i think set in greyhawk and if a session is miss no worries also i do not know how many sessions each of the modules are. i am going to assume at max 12 sessions per module now i am thinking they would be less but setting a high number is better then setting a low one. one thing to note these modules never had a setting as they were stand alone witch is why i say there in the greyhawk setting witch at the time of AD&D was i think it's own setting before it became cannon.
PM
^
redeadlink
 Posted: Jun 6 2013, 07:59 PM
Quote Post

Heroic

sure why not? i've got time to kill and i need to join a new campaign.
PM
^
Gordon228
 Posted: Jun 13 2013, 02:41 PM
Quote Post

Rank and File

Cool i will see if i can get more people and then we need a day that will work for all of us for character gen.
PM
^
Jimbo Cactaur
 Posted: Jun 27 2013, 10:26 PM
Quote Post

Hammerhand

I think due to the time commitment for this, and my commitments to various church activities and AbbyLUG, as well as currently being happily married (and not wanting to change that), I will have to pass on this. I would like to play a 3-4 session mini adventure in this system/setting sometime though.
PMEmail Poster
^
Gordon228
 Posted: Jun 27 2013, 10:27 PM
Quote Post

Rank and File

Thats fine you have other stuff to worry about. :)
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll