Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

» GM Bidding/Bribing, Techniques to prevent chaos
Chronocide
 Posted: Jan 22 2011, 11:50 AM
Quote Post

Heroic
Group: Advanced Member

Sometimes in campaigns, things get a bit out of hand for the GM. Often as a result of letting the player do something and not realising that the repercussions allow the player to totally go off the plan. Seeing as how peoples minds work different vastly different solutions to a single problem, should not be unexpected.

As a bit off a solution to the problem I plan to hand out little cards that represent the players homunculus or muse. It will have a thought such as:
QUOTE (Card)
You suddenly think that the man in the stripped suit might be the contact you are looking for."
PP: 2
The card also has a number of plot points (A mechanic used in Cortex) that the player is rewarded with if they listen to the voice. Cortex already contains a mechanic that allows for a similar situation with reversed roles, where players make suggestions.

The general goal here is to keep the plot moving along and not get bogged down by the players not seeing things the same way as the GM.
PM
^
dingo
 Posted: Jan 22 2011, 03:15 PM
Quote Post

Heroic
Group: Advanced Member

That's one way in which FATE points are used, which I think is pretty cool. I found that last time around in Firefly, I was a bit stingy with my plot points, so with this rule I'll probably use them more liberally. Maybe that way my character can, you know, accomplish things. :)
PMEmail Poster
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll