Forum Rules Important

This forum is used to help players find a campaign to participate in. In order to facilitate this we ask the following.

1. If your campaign is full or not accepting players, please close the topic. The topic can be opened again if this changes.
  2. Place the name of the system used in the topic name for instance "DnD4ed: Gather knights to save the king!"

Pages: (6) 1 2 3 4 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

» Dungeons and Dragons: Tomb of Horrors, Get ready for pain!
Greg
 Posted: Mar 26 2011, 10:19 AM
Quote Post

Heroic
Group: Advanced Member

For magical equipment, I'm allowing you all one 8th level item, one 9th level item, and one 10th level item, and 5000 gp. Magical items can be found in the Magic Item Compendium.
PMEmail Poster
^
Gordon228
 Posted: Mar 26 2011, 05:51 PM
Quote Post

Rank and File

now you see that makes things more interesting as now i can make an awesome fighter and warlock. now before i go and make my 2 characters all awesome and stuff i must ask who wants the D&D ultimate collection?

This post has been edited by Gordon228: Mar 26 2011, 05:55 PM
PM
^
Greg
 Posted: Mar 26 2011, 06:11 PM
Quote Post

Heroic

I'm fine. I think that those who are going to be making their own characters already have what books they'll need, and the others will probably be fine with whatever pre-generated characters I make available.
PMEmail Poster
^
Gordon228
 Posted: Mar 26 2011, 08:57 PM
Quote Post

Rank and File

ok and i will have 2 awsome characters i can play
PM
^
Greg
 Posted: Mar 26 2011, 09:12 PM
Quote Post

Heroic

I wonder how long they`ll be able to survive... ;)
Edit: I've been reading into the module some more, and I got to say that looks like it'll be pretty awesome.

This post has been edited by Greg: Mar 26 2011, 09:25 PM
PMEmail Poster
^
Jimbo Cactaur
 Posted: Mar 27 2011, 12:18 AM
Quote Post

Hammerhand
Group: Super Moderator

I am very much fine with a pre-made character. I don't have the time to invest in building one from scratch, and I do doubt that there will be much role-playing going on anyway.
PMEmail Poster
^
Gordon228
 Posted: Mar 27 2011, 08:13 AM
Quote Post

Rank and File

it take me 5 minutes to make one and i had one already made so even easier for me
PM
^
Greg
 Posted: Mar 27 2011, 10:11 PM
Quote Post

Heroic

It might be a good idea to begin discussing what sort of role within the party people intend or hope to play.
PMEmail Poster
^
Jimbo Cactaur
 Posted: Mar 27 2011, 10:40 PM
Quote Post

Hammerhand

As long as the role of the pre-made characters is clearly defined (Healer, Tank, Skirmisher, Sneaking, Magical Lore, etc.) then I can play whatever. Like I said RP will be nil so you shouldn't have someone saying, "I didn't tell so-and-so about the trap because my character is secretly in love with his fiance and removing him would benefit me, so it totally makes sense, in-character."

But this does bring up the issue of meta discussion. I personally think in a situation like this, that is where the RP should be happening, as in no metagame discussion, all in-character.
PMEmail Poster
^
Gordon228
 Posted: Mar 28 2011, 07:45 AM
Quote Post

Rank and File

thats more 4th ed thinking as that role you are is by class like where would you put bard.
PM
^
Gordon228
 Posted: Mar 28 2011, 07:16 PM
Quote Post

Rank and File

how many spaces are left? as i might have one more person to join.

This post has been edited by Gordon228: Mar 28 2011, 07:17 PM
PM
^
Jimbo Cactaur
 Posted: Mar 28 2011, 08:25 PM
Quote Post

Hammerhand

Well when dealing witha dungeon like this you must put consideration into both combat and non-combat ability of a character. One cannot generally fight his way out of a pit trap. I know DnD pretty much auto-assigns skills and equipment to classes making such distinction most likely redundant, and if that's how the characters will be pre-made then that is fine.
PMEmail Poster
^
Greg
 Posted: Mar 28 2011, 11:36 PM
Quote Post

Heroic

Yeah, like I said before, the dungeon is pretty trap heavy and monster light. Nevertheless having a tank(Fighter, Paladin, Barbarian) in the party is still a good idea to use as a meat shield, guinea pig, and door basher.

Also, yes there are still two slots open by my count.

PMEmail Poster
^
Gordon228
 Posted: Mar 28 2011, 11:42 PM
Quote Post

Rank and File

what lvl we starting at? and what do you mean by the 8th lvl and 9th lvl? do you mean caster lvl?

This post has been edited by Gordon228: Mar 28 2011, 11:52 PM
PM
^
Greg
 Posted: Mar 29 2011, 06:29 AM
Quote Post

Heroic

You will be starting at Character Level 9. My previous statement from before was in reference to starting gear.

This post has been edited by Greg: Mar 29 2011, 06:29 AM
PMEmail Poster
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (6) 1 2 3 4 ... Last » Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll