Forum Rules Important

This forum is used to help players find a campaign to participate in. In order to facilitate this we ask the following.

1. If your campaign is full or not accepting players, please close the topic. The topic can be opened again if this changes.
  2. Place the name of the system used in the topic name for instance "DnD4ed: Gather knights to save the king!"

Pages: (5) 1 2 3 4 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

» Urban Arcana Part III, Globetrotting fantasy-noir
dingo
 Posted: May 26 2014, 03:39 PM
Quote Post

Heroic
Group: Advanced Member

Afternoon everybody,

I've sent out a reminder for the upcoming session, but additionally, I would like to see character updates by tomorrow night (Tuesday, the 27th) so that I can start forming character arcs for the story. The questions are:
  • What has your character's professional life been like in the past three years?
  • How has he spent his leisure time?
  • Who makes up his social circles? Are his relationships intimate or at arm's reach? Happy or hostile?
  • Most importantly: What is his overriding desire? What brings him the most happiness?
For the sake of focus (and time, for your sake!), try to keep your answers under four sentences per question.

And of course, since none of us has used d20 Modern in-depth, we should expect that rules navigation will take up some part of our time this week.
PMEmail Poster
^
dingo
 Posted: Jun 8 2014, 09:04 PM
Quote Post

Heroic

I want to try something with Urban Arcana. This idea has been brewing for a little while, and I'm quite excited about it. But, I do need consensus to move forward with it.

I want to make Jake Atwater the protagonist of the story. It has been established in-game that Jake had a destiny and a part to play in a bigger story than his own. And I keep seeing heroic potential in his story. I think this is a great opportunity to experiment.

Now, don't mistake this for a shift in focus to Jake for the rest of the game, or my attempt to downplay other characters. Quite the contrary: Pascal, Tobin, and Alex all have important parts to play, and their goals still matter a lot. What I hope to do is to actually to interpret these characters, their goals, and their relationships, especially to Jake, in a way that helps drive his personal narrative forward. They will become the cast of supporting characters.

If everyone agrees, I'll discuss with each player how their character fits into Jakes heroic plot. This will be a metagame discussion, that I hope will enhance in-character interacting by flashing out the characters beyond their own personalities and goals.

I don't want to invest to much into this concept without the collective investment of the party, so please let's me know about any questions or concerns. If all are agreed, I'll try to have it at least partially in place for Wednesday.
PMEmail Poster
^
trick
 Posted: Jun 10 2014, 10:28 AM
Quote Post

Adventurer

I'm fine with the idea. I'm a little surpised since Jake seems to have a rather hobbitish approach to adventure.
PM
^
dingo
 Posted: Jun 10 2014, 10:35 AM
Quote Post

Heroic

QUOTE (trick @ Jun 10 2014, 10:28 AM)
I'm fine with the idea. I'm a little surpised since Jake seems to have a rather hobbitish approach to adventure.

Yes, precisely: Hobbits need a good nudge out of the door! Essentially I'm looking for help with that.
PMEmail Poster
^
trick
 Posted: Jun 17 2014, 01:13 PM
Quote Post

Adventurer

Okay, so we're doing nachos tomorrow. I would like people to bring a few things:

* .5 kg or so of ground beef
* 2 green onions, 3 tomatoes, 1-2 green/yellow/red peppers.
* salsa
* sour cream

Please post here so other people can see what you're bringing. If everyone can bring one of the items in that list we should be good. Come to our place between 5:45 and 6:00.
PM
^
dingo
 Posted: Jun 17 2014, 01:34 PM
Quote Post

Heroic

I'll bring the veggies.
PMEmail Poster
^
trick
 Posted: Jun 18 2014, 09:27 AM
Quote Post

Adventurer

Not sure if people are reading this. I will try to notify people elsewise. The veggies were the main important thing. Otherwise importance is in this order:

* Sour Cream (have only a tiny bit)
* Meat (I have some, but not a lot)
* Salsa (we can use Jeremy's, but I'd like to resupply it)
PM
^
Aggregate
 Posted: Jun 18 2014, 10:07 AM
Quote Post

Adventurer

Will bring ground beef.

PM
^
trick
 Posted: Jun 19 2014, 01:52 PM
Quote Post

Adventurer

So, food for next week will be spaggetii, come between 5:45 and 6. Things I would like people to bring:

* Garlic bread. Either buy the pre-made thing; bake it at home; or buy a loaf of bread, and a head of garlic and we can assemble & bake it at my place. If you choose the later route, please come at 5:45 so we can get it started ASAP. We don't need a huge loaf.
* Salad/vegie tray: Doesn't need to be big or fancy, just enough so that we fool ourselves into believing this is healthy food.
* Meat: .5 kg or less, I like lean ground beef, but if you want to go with meatballs/chicken/sausage, that's fine, just cook it ahead of time.
* Can of spagettii sauce: Either dingo or Aggregate gets first dibs on this because it's the cheapest and they were the ones who brought food last time.

I will supply noodles, parmesan cheese, spices, and butter if need for the garlic bread.

P.S. For salad/vegie dude, I will probably have some vegies kicking around in the fridge that you can use, if you want. Just ask me on Monday/Tuesday so I can update you on what will be fresh.

This post has been edited by trick: Jun 19 2014, 01:52 PM
PM
^
Greg
 Posted: Jun 20 2014, 07:00 PM
Quote Post

Heroic

Just thought I'd let everyone know I fractured my ankle, and won't be able to work for about six weeks. I may at some point during my time off go and spend some time away from home on some sort of light vacation. I'll let you know if I'll be missing a session.
PMEmail Poster
^
trick
 Posted: Jun 21 2014, 11:07 PM
Quote Post

Adventurer

That sucks, how bad is it? If we need to & can arrange to have session at your house, that might be a good idea. Or maybe you could have someone pick you up?
PM
^
dingo
 Posted: Jun 24 2014, 10:25 PM
Quote Post

Heroic

Looks Like Greg will be fine with getting to trick's.

I'm bringing cooked sausage. See you all around 5:45.
PMEmail Poster
^
mandlebrot
 Posted: Jun 24 2014, 10:28 PM
Quote Post

Rank and File

I can bring a salad, that's still open, right?
PMEmail Poster
^
trick
 Posted: Jun 24 2014, 11:26 PM
Quote Post

Adventurer

Yup, I'll pick up some spaghetti sauce too in case no one brings any.
PM
^
Aggregate
 Posted: Jun 25 2014, 01:21 PM
Quote Post

Adventurer

Will bring garlic bread.
PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (5) 1 2 3 4 ... Last » Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll