Forum Rules Important

This forum is used to help players find a campaign to participate in. In order to facilitate this we ask the following.

1. If your campaign is full or not accepting players, please close the topic. The topic can be opened again if this changes.
  2. Place the name of the system used in the topic name for instance "DnD4ed: Gather knights to save the king!"

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

» Dungeons and Dragons Rules, DnD rules debate
mandlebrot
 Posted: Apr 24 2011, 04:25 PM
Quote Post

Rank and File
Group: Advanced Member

In light of the up and coming "Tomb of Horrors" campaign being run by Greg, I thought it would be useful to have a topic where questions about the system could be asked.

Question 1. When an Item costs +1 bonus, does that mean that the item will also give that bonus? If I were to get a "Bashing" Shield (which costs +1/4000gp) does that mean the item will also give +1 to AC?

Question 2. Can I stack as many bonuses onto items as I like?
PMEmail Poster
^
Greg
 Posted: Apr 24 2011, 07:10 PM
Quote Post

Heroic

Answer 1: What the "+1 bonus" in cost means, is that when determining the cost of the item, it counts as one level higher. Therefore, adding a "+1 bonus" property to a +1 sword, it counts as a +2 sword for determining the price. (See DMG page 216)

Answer 2:
Yes, but remember that each enchantment increases the cost exponentially.

Sidenote: Remember that enchanted armor and weapons require a minimum enhancement bonus of +1.
PMEmail Poster
^
kallman1206
 Posted: Apr 25 2011, 10:20 AM
Quote Post

Rank and File

Yeah, +1 bonus is "Equivalent price". The highest bonus one can actually have in the pure attack bonus and damage is 5, but the table goes up to 10 for things like a flaming vorpal longsword +2.

Basically, it's "Instead of 1 to AC, I get this benefit".

Secondly, you could attach as much as you wanted (except that items can have a max cumulative bonus equivalent to +10), but it'd be more and more expensive for each additional bonus and your total character budget is what, 36000 gold?
PMEmail Poster
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll