Forum Rules Important

This forum is used to help players find a campaign to participate in. In order to facilitate this we ask the following.

1. If your campaign is full or not accepting players, please close the topic. The topic can be opened again if this changes.
  2. Place the name of the system used in the topic name for instance "BESM: Giant robots in space"

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

» Star Wars Starfighter Sim, X-wing/A-wing Action!!!
redeadlink
 Posted: Apr 19 2012, 11:54 PM
Quote Post

Heroic
Group: Advanced Member

Hello everybody. For my first ever time running a campaign, I am doing a starfighter simulater in the vein of the X-Wing novels by Michael J. Stackpole and Aaron Allston.

I would like for 4/6 people to join as either a flight or a half-squadron of either X-wing or A-wing fighters during the rise of the New Republic.

Players will be given a starfighter, quarters on the support ship, and time to do what they will between missions.

If you are interested, please reply to this message and PM me a character idea complete with at least a basic background story.

EXPLOSIONS, ALIENS, and ACTION GALORE!

P.S. It's a Play-by-Post, and I will post at least every Saturday, maybe Wednesdays if we are on a mission.

This post has been edited by redeadlink: Apr 19 2012, 11:55 PM
PM
^
Jimbo Cactaur
 Posted: Apr 20 2012, 11:28 PM
Quote Post

Hammerhand
Group: Super Moderator

I am not one to ever turn down a play by post. I vote A-wings!!!
PMEmail Poster
^
redeadlink
 Posted: Apr 21 2012, 08:56 AM
Quote Post

Heroic

All right that's one. We still have 3 slots open.
PM
^
Greg
 Posted: Apr 24 2012, 07:22 AM
Quote Post

Heroic

Looked at this again and noticed it was actually in the star wars universe. Count me in!
PMEmail Poster
^
redeadlink
 Posted: Apr 24 2012, 06:48 PM
Quote Post

Heroic

Sweet. Then I still have 2 slots open, with some room to grow later in the campaign.
PM
^
Chronocide
 Posted: Apr 25 2012, 08:53 AM
Quote Post

Heroic

Well if you ever need a supporting character I could stand to play a Mon Calimari B-Wing pilot.
PM
^
redeadlink
 Posted: Apr 25 2012, 09:50 PM
Quote Post

Heroic

That's great. So you and greg would be fire support.

Still need three pilots for a full flight.
PM
^
trick
 Posted: Apr 27 2012, 10:07 AM
Quote Post

Adventurer

I might be able to join in, but I'm not super knowledgeable about the starwars universe.
PM
^
redeadlink
 Posted: Apr 27 2012, 04:35 PM
Quote Post

Heroic

That's cool, I can make up the gaps in your knowledge.

A-wing - Light interceptor fighter best suited for taking out other fighters.

X-wing - Jack-of-all-trades fighter (maneuverable enough for dogfights, packs enough punch in numbers to take down capital ships, mostly against smaller transports and such)

B-wing - Heavy fighter more akin to a flying tank than a starfighter.

I would prefer that an actual squad member pilot one of the first two.

Also, Jimbo, I need a backstory and name for your character.

This post has been edited by redeadlink: Apr 27 2012, 04:35 PM
PM
^
dingo
 Posted: Apr 28 2012, 08:02 PM
Quote Post

Heroic

I think I'd like to take part in this. I'll start working on a character concept. What sorts of details do you want, redeadlink?
PMEmail Poster
^
redeadlink
 Posted: Apr 28 2012, 11:10 PM
Quote Post

Heroic

Just a name, race, and a reason you would be in the cockpit of a starfighter.

Note, Gamorreans are not allowed, nor Thekwaash. Canonically, only one of each species is a fighter pilot in the SW Universe.
PM
^
Greg
 Posted: Apr 30 2012, 05:25 PM
Quote Post

Heroic

Wu Tohvar is a Herglic (whale peoples) with a long history. At the age of 65, and still only middle-aged, Wu has been witness to the Clone Wars and the Rise of the empire. When the Galactic Empire first came to power, Wu joined many other Herglic in battle against Palpatine’s army, serving as a pilot in the Herglic fleet which was ultimately decimated by Imperial forces. Wu managed to escape the slaughter when the Herglics saw that defeat was inevitable and the message was given to disperse all units.
Following his defeat during the rise of the Empire, Wu Tohvar wandered the Outer Rim and Hutt Space, doing various jobs from planet to planet. His resume contains jobs ranging from Trader, to Bartender and Cook, to Mechanic, and even Bodyguard.

In terms of personality, Wu is quite friendly and will happily dispense advice and stories at the drop of a hat. He is a skilled trader, and over his long lifespan has managed to acquire a large list of contacts across the galaxy. Like most Herglics, Wu Tohvar has a fondness for games of chance, but will typically go out of his way to see that he is not being cheated. He is easily moved to anger if he feels that he has been cheated or if someone breaks a deal with him, but for friends, he will sometimes broker new arrangements to assist in meeting the terms of previous deals. Wu, in turn, will go out of his way, to the point of risking his own life, to keep his own end of a bargain.

His small freighter, the Tarnished Sapphire, is a remnant of Herglic starship design, and while at one time being a graceful and organic looking vessel, shows signs of heavy modification and repairs, bearing a patchwork of different armors and refitted systems from different manufacturers. The Sapphire was designed for Herglic proportions, so most humans would consider the interior quite spacious and roomy. In terms of statistics, the Sapphire is roughly equivalent to that of a Y-wing: slow and cumbersome, but heavily armored and carrying weapons that can pack a massive punch. He
PMEmail Poster
^
Jimbo Cactaur
 Posted: May 1 2012, 07:05 AM
Quote Post

Hammerhand

Workin' on it. This might take a bit of help from wookiepedia.
PMEmail Poster
^
redeadlink
 Posted: May 1 2012, 10:38 PM
Quote Post

Heroic

QUOTE (Jimbo Cactaur @ May 1 2012, 08:05 AM)
Workin' on it. This might take a bit of help from wookiepedia.

That's cool. Planning on using that resource alot just to fill in the *minor* gaps in my SW knowledge.

First mission is this Saturday guys, so please have your characters ready before then.
PM
^
Jimbo Cactaur
 Posted: May 1 2012, 11:55 PM
Quote Post

Hammerhand

I think I want to be a Sephi. Basically a space elf from what I can tell.

His name will be Leland, and he'll be of semi-royal lineage. Since Thustra joined the Confederacy of Independent Systems before the rise of the Empire it makes sense that he would be found siding with the rebels against it.

He was trained as a fighter pilot and became a captain of a planetary defense squadron before he saw the futility of trying simply to keep the Empire at bay. After realizing that a larger scope was needed to bring peace back to the galaxy he took a portion of his squadron with him, his most loyal comrades, and joined the rebels. They were a tenacious bunch, and through many brushes with the Empire their numbers were whittled down substantially. He flies with a "no-guts, no-glory" attitude, and usually manages to pull his butt out of the fire.
PMEmail Poster
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (2) 1 2  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll