Forum Rules Important

This forum is used to help players find a campaign to participate in. In order to facilitate this we ask the following.

1. If your campaign is full or not accepting players, please close the topic. The topic can be opened again if this changes.
  2. Place the name of the system used in the topic name for instance "BESM: Giant robots in space"

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

» a setting i would like to play in.
Gordon228
 Posted: Jun 19 2011, 08:21 AM
Quote Post

Rank and File
Group: Advanced Member

This is my game setting that i would like to play in.

The basic primes is that there is multiple worlds that have a single race from D&D in this galaxy, so far i can only tell you that i know of the base races having planets and this includes dragons, goblins. And the oozes. The dwarves have the best space faring vessels where as the humans have the worst and the elves have the most elegant ships around. Now the dragons over all have the best ships in witch only the weapons are of dragon origins and everything else on the ships are enhanced from the other races, like the dwarves fast engines and ship hulls with the humans maneuverability and the elves elegance, but they always take not in there history where they got the idea from. I have only named a few planets so the rest is up to the gm. The human planet is called Terra, the dwarf planet is called Stone Glade, the elf planet is called High wood, and the dragon planet is called Draconomicon why the dragons call it this no one knows.
The humans are the stupid race in thinking they have the best ships out there when there ships would not last in a fight with a dwarven Battle cruiser unless the humans bring about 20 of theirs.

now any of this can be changes to use the campaign but i like it and tell me what you think.
PM
^
Greg
 Posted: Jun 19 2011, 10:18 AM
Quote Post

Heroic

How sci-fi is the setting? What technology levels would you likely be putting the races at? Are you thinking something like spelljammer or more like star trek with fantasy races instead of random aliens?
PMEmail Poster
^
Gordon228
 Posted: Jun 19 2011, 01:18 PM
Quote Post

Rank and File

think starcraft tech and you could also add star trek in there
PM
^
Jimbo Cactaur
 Posted: Jun 19 2011, 11:48 PM
Quote Post

Hammerhand
Group: Super Moderator

Obviously, with using dnd races you'd want to use d20, right? Would it work to basically convert from SW to DnD? Like the Dwarves' ships have Mandalorian or Corellian ship stats (you'd just change the class name and appearance), and the Dragons could use the stats listed for imperial ships, etc?

For example: My Dwarf Bounty Hunter would fly a Hammer-foe class ship that would have the same stats as a Slave 1, though it would look different. Is this possible?

Also, would it use just DnD character classes, or just SW, or just Custom classes, or a bit of everything that is applicable? I assume there would still be magic, so wizards would replace jedi if it was converted to SW.

Speaking of magic, how do you envision magic and technology interacting?
PMEmail Poster
^
Gordon228
 Posted: Jun 20 2011, 06:32 AM
Quote Post

Rank and File

lets put it this way i did not intend to play this in D&D unless people could find a way and i did not include magic because then you would have a beard class battle cruiser firing 200 magic missiles. the only race that you could say has magic is the dragons with there fire breath.

edit: here is a scene i envision taking place between a dwarven battle cruiser commanded by pirates and a human battle cruiser. 20 humans gather at the breach and one lone dwarf come out wearing plasma armour and carrying a laser pistol and a plasma axe of the dwarven kind where as the humans have powered armour and standard earth pistols "like we have." and so the dwarf cuts them to shreds using his plasma axe and carries on with about 20 more dwarven pirates following him.

This post has been edited by Gordon228: Jun 20 2011, 06:46 AM
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll