Forum Rules Important

This forum is used to help players find a campaign to participate in. In order to facilitate this we ask the following.

1. If your campaign is full or not accepting players, please close the topic. The topic can be opened again if this changes.
  2. Place the name of the system used in the topic name for instance "DnD4ed: Gather knights to save the king!"

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

» Urban Arcana Pt. 2 - Attempt #3, "Screw scheduling, let's do this thing!"
dingo
 Posted: Jul 29 2011, 02:59 PM
Quote Post

Heroic
Group: Advanced Member

All right now, in all seriousness, if I called a session for the middle of next week, would people show up? I really have stopped caring about my former gripe regarding the commute from Abby to Van. I'll deal with it. So if you guys have the time and the desire, I'm ready to get Urban Arcana back up and running.

And, as always, I'm very open to suggestions about how to make things better, easier, or more fun.
PMEmail Poster
^
Greg
 Posted: Jul 29 2011, 07:28 PM
Quote Post

Heroic

I'd come. Am I hosting or do you have another location in mind?
PMEmail Poster
^
dingo
 Posted: Jul 29 2011, 11:16 PM
Quote Post

Heroic

Hmm, good point. We're a little short on appropriate gaming spots. The location I have in mind is the one whose occupants object the least to us being there. I may be moving to an apartment in the Clearbrook area in September, so that may be acceptable if it happens.
PMEmail Poster
^
dingo
 Posted: Aug 4 2011, 04:39 PM
Quote Post

Heroic

Well, Greg, if you're up to hosting next week, I guess we can have a session. If not... Jimbo, Aggregate? As far as the date goes, I've got only one commitment next week that I know of, which is the Thursday evening.

EDIT: Turns out Saturday night is free now too.

This post has been edited by dingo: Aug 4 2011, 04:44 PM
PMEmail Poster
^
Greg
 Posted: Aug 4 2011, 06:56 PM
Quote Post

Heroic

That should work, as long as you don't mean this Saturday.
PMEmail Poster
^
dingo
 Posted: Aug 4 2011, 09:15 PM
Quote Post

Heroic

Sure I mean this Saturday. Did you not get the cancellation email, or are you talking about something else?
PMEmail Poster
^
Jimbo Cactaur
 Posted: Aug 5 2011, 01:45 AM
Quote Post

Hammerhand
Group: Super Moderator

Whaa? cancellation email? Is this about Stobbe's thing?
PMEmail Poster
^
Greg
 Posted: Aug 5 2011, 04:54 AM
Quote Post

Heroic

I didn't get one. What are you talking about?
PMEmail Poster
^
dingo
 Posted: Aug 5 2011, 06:07 AM
Quote Post

Heroic

Oh, I was talking about movie night at Chronocide's. Actually, come to think of it, the next several Saturdays will be taken up by various things, so I guess we'll have to stick to week nights.

A couple of things I should mention before we can get started.

We will stick to FATE as the system for the remainder of this arc. I'm not in love with it, but I'll wait until the next arc to change to something with more set rules and mechanics.

We'll start Session 1 (or is it Session 3?) basically where the play-by-post left off. Don't worry about reading the thread. I'll put together the info we need in my notes.

@ Aggregate: You had two characters going for the play-by-post, so I'm wondering how you want to deal with those. As the GM, I have no issues with your playing both in the tabletop game if you want. I think it can be done, and it may help the story progress, but it's your call.

This post has been edited by dingo: Aug 5 2011, 06:38 AM
PMEmail Poster
^
dingo
 Posted: Aug 8 2011, 05:43 AM
Quote Post

Heroic

So Jimbo, I guess it kinda depends on you when we can get this started. It sounds like weeknights are the most likely to work, and possibly the odd Sunday night.

Also, how early in the day can we realistically expect to start? I know it depends on personal schedules and the requirements of our venue. For myself, I'm generally good to start at 5pm, or earlier on weekends. I mean, even when we start at 7 we often end up getting food together.
PMEmail Poster
^
Greg
 Posted: Aug 8 2011, 05:44 PM
Quote Post

Heroic

Weeknights might end up getting a bit too crazy for me for the duration of August. I got switched to a supervisory position in the packing plant, and the hours there are a bit wacky.

I'll be going back to school in September, so if worst comes to worst, we can delay until then.

This post has been edited by Greg: Aug 8 2011, 05:44 PM
PMEmail Poster
^
dingo
 Posted: Aug 8 2011, 06:28 PM
Quote Post

Heroic

Sounds like that's the case for a number of things. Alrighty then, Urban Arcana is postponed until after the commencement of the fall semester.

Oh man, I'm guessing that'll likely affect the Mass Effect RPG too, right? Shoot.
PMEmail Poster
^
Greg
 Posted: Aug 9 2011, 02:57 AM
Quote Post

Heroic

Possibly... We'll see. I still have weekends, but those are going to be fairly busy.
PMEmail Poster
^
dingo
 Posted: Aug 12 2011, 10:42 AM
Quote Post

Heroic

@Greg: Thinking ahead a bit, what will your evenings be like in September? I'm busy on Thursdays for sure, and I'm on a wait list for a Tuesday night (6-8pm) class. The reason I ask is that the weeknights not scheduled for RPG's will be quickly eaten up by homework and band, so it'be nice to get things sorted out sooner rather than later.

@ Jimbo: I'm not even gonna ask until after the wedding. We should probably not start until after that anyway.
PMEmail Poster
^
Greg
 Posted: Aug 12 2011, 12:19 PM
Quote Post

Heroic

Well, my classes should be all over by 5:30 PM, so assuming I'm not swamped with homework, I should be available pretty much any evening.
PMEmail Poster
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (2) 1 2  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll