Pages: (7) 1 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

» Play by post BESM
SirKaid
 Posted: Apr 14 2011, 04:07 AM
Quote Post

Rank and File
*
Group: Advanced Member
Posts: 35



It is a beautiful day. The sun is shining without a cloud in the sky, the birds are singing without a care in the world, and the students of Nagasaki University are studying without a hope in hell at passing their classes.

Thanks to the lovely summer weather you can barely tell that it is late evening.

Ichirou, you have just finished the day's baseball practice. The rest of the team has already left for home, but thanks to a chat with the coach you've just finished getting changed. As you leave the change rooms you hear a young girl call out, “Help me! Please, help me!”

Morikawa, your evening classes ended two hours ago. Unfortunately, some chump thought it'd be funny to damage your bike. The idiot was caught on camera, but between talking to the cops and fixing your ride you're only now ready to leave campus. Before you can, though, you hear a woman scream, “Help me! Someone, please save me!”

Jiro, you hadn't expected to be on campus today. However, when you got the call halfway through dinner, something about an emergency and overtime pay, you rushed over. As it turns out, though, it was a prank from one of your former high school companions and there wasn't any work after all, much less overtime pay. You're walking through the unusually empty corridors to the exit when you hear an old woman yell, “Someone, please, help!”

What do you do?

(Also, I can't tell for certain if I'm using your characters given or family names here. Please specify which is which, and which you would like me to use when referring to them.)

(Also also, could one of the mods open up a spot for this in the PBP area of the forum? Thanks.)
PM
^
dingo
 Posted: Apr 14 2011, 08:00 AM
Quote Post

Heroic
*
Group: Advanced Member
Posts: 456



Ito picks up his pace to a brisk walk, not running, mind you, and tries to figure out from where the screams are coming. His sneakers have been making some very interesting squeaking noises lately, and there are only made louder and more rhythmic. He hopes to God that nobody else is in the hallway to hear this bizarre electronica beat.

This post has been edited by dingo: Apr 14 2011, 08:01 AM
PMEmail Poster
^
Chronocide
 Posted: Apr 14 2011, 09:09 PM
Quote Post

Heroic
*
Group: Advanced Member
Posts: 625



Lastname = Morikawa
Firstname = Takahiro

Takahiro gets on his bike and drives in the direction of the plea for help, not a brave person by any means, he can't just ignore someone in trouble. An internal mental battle takes place.

"What am I even doing? It's not like I can even really help. There's no use there being two corpses. But I can't just leave someone, I'lll just get close enough to see what's going on then I can call campus security or the police (Assuming that like 99% of Japanese people he has a cell phone). Besides If things get really bad I can just take off. Yeah, that sounds like a reasonable thing to do. Who knows maybe the assailant will think I'm a member of some gang... well if they don't get a good look... And then maybe the assailant will run away and I can rescue the girl and we can ride of into the sunset. Oh but I don't have a spare helmet so I'd have to go and borrow one from the club room and.... Wait what if the offender is part of a real gang and thinks I'm a member of a rival group then..."

As you can tell Takahiro lets his imagination get away from him when faced with new experiences...


This post has been edited by Chronocide: Apr 14 2011, 09:09 PM
PM
^
kallman1206
 Posted: Apr 15 2011, 10:39 AM
Quote Post

Rank and File
*
Group: Advanced Member
Posts: 71



((Ichirou is his first name and fine))

.o(Where'd the call come from? Well, can't just do nothing... She sounds a little young to be on a university campus, too...)

Ichirou takes a jog out of the change room looking for the source of the commotion.

.o(If this is some kind of trick or gang nonsense, I'm getting the hell out of here, though. I mean, no sense making two victims. Athletic sure, but you're no hero, Ichirou! Then again, if she's just a kid...)

((Seems like I'm going for "Overthinking everything but still going for the foolish non-plan". Tch, well that's fine.))
PMEmail Poster
^
SirKaid
 Posted: Apr 15 2011, 11:26 AM
Quote Post

Rank and File
*
Group: Advanced Member
Posts: 35



Ito, you think the old woman is in the room to your left. Oddly enough, as you approach the room the volume of her cries for help remain the same.

Takahiro, you drive around to the back of the shop where you heard the woman, only to find no one there. Strange, you could have sworn the screaming was from back here. You think you see something moving in the shadow of one of the dumpsters, though.

Ichirou, you think the girl's screams were coming from the room opposite you, a maintenance room of some kind. Her voice cut off rather abruptly once you left the change room, though.

What do you do?
PM
^
dingo
 Posted: Apr 15 2011, 01:56 PM
Quote Post

Heroic
*
Group: Advanced Member
Posts: 456



If the room has a window, Ito-san checks that first. If not, he opens the door as slowly and quietly as he can, looking around to see if he can find the old woman, or if anyone else is around to have noticed the screams.
PMEmail Poster
^
Chronocide
 Posted: Apr 15 2011, 04:36 PM
Quote Post

Heroic
*
Group: Advanced Member
Posts: 625



Takahiro, slowly rides towards the dumpsters, "Probably just a cat, but I should make sure anyway, yeah probably just a cat." Takahiro mentally tries to convince himself of his safety.
PM
^
kallman1206
 Posted: Apr 16 2011, 08:20 AM
Quote Post

Rank and File
*
Group: Advanced Member
Posts: 71



Ichirou opens the door and peers in (assuming its unlocked)

"Hello! Can I help you?"

.o("No, buzz off". What the hell kind of heroic speech was that?)
PMEmail Poster
^
SirKaid
 Posted: Apr 16 2011, 11:17 PM
Quote Post

Rank and File
*
Group: Advanced Member
Posts: 35



Ito, when you open the door you see an old woman lying on the floor. The room is not terribly dark, but the shadows seem to cling to her form. The screaming abruptly ceases. "Are you, heh, here to help me, young man?" she asks.

Takahiro, upon closer inspection the shadows are hiding a woman. She stands up, though it honestly looks more like she flowed up, and somehow the shadows are still obscuring her eyes. "I'm no cat, though I can see how you would be... mistaken," she says before smiling impossibly wide. Her teeth are like jagged fenceposts, sharp and uneven. "Could you help me? I seem to have... misplaced something precious."

Ichirou, the maintenance room is extremely dark. The only light comes from the hallway behind you. A young girl in pigtails is standing in the middle of the room, half obscured by darkness, looking away from you. She cocks her head to the side at your question and says, "Yes, actually, you can." She giggles, and the darkness seems to deepen. "I was just looking for something."
PM
^
dingo
 Posted: Apr 17 2011, 12:22 AM
Quote Post

Heroic
*
Group: Advanced Member
Posts: 456



Ito is unnerved by the eeriness of the sight of the old woman, and by her bizarre behavior, and stands still in the doorway. Nonetheless, he answers, "Daijobu? What's wrong?"
PMEmail Poster
^
kallman1206
 Posted: Apr 17 2011, 08:59 AM
Quote Post

Rank and File
*
Group: Advanced Member
Posts: 71



.o( Oh shit! Well uh, how about...)

"Well, uh, you don't seem to be in any danger now... Are you lost?"

As he was speaking, Ichirou was trying to stealtily slide back a bit, but can't help feeling that she noticed...
PMEmail Poster
^
Chronocide
 Posted: Apr 17 2011, 07:28 PM
Quote Post

Heroic
*
Group: Advanced Member
Posts: 625



Takahiro shuts off the engine.
[I]"Eh? who loses something precious near a dumpster?"/I]
"Ahh..." Takahiro scratches his head "I'm sorry but I really don't have the time, I have studying to do and I need to do some touch ups on my bike, after some vandals had at it. If you like I can call campus security for you."

Girl or not this one was definitely on the odd side of things, trying to get out of here was probably best. Takahito still seated opens his cell phone. "Here I'll give them a call, just a moment."

Italics means he thinks this obviously. Also since I didn't get a no on the cell phone thing earlier, I assume he has one.
PM
^
SirKaid
 Posted: Apr 17 2011, 09:37 PM
Quote Post

Rank and File
*
Group: Advanced Member
Posts: 35



Ito, the old woman chuckles. "Yes, yes. There is something wrong. You see..." The shadows around the old woman darken until she is completely obscured. The shadows shift until they are standing upright, and two red eyes appear in the black mass. She continues, "I've lost my soul, but yours should suffice as a replacement. Be a dear and stand still." She steps toward you.

Ichirou, the girl looks over her shoulder at you. "Going so soon?" she asks. "And here I was thinking that you could help me. I've lost my soul, you see." The light from the hallway no longer seems to offer any illumination to the girl within the room, save for a glint of red along her extremely long fingers. "I suppose yours might act as a suitable replacement," she giggles.

Takahiro, your cellphone's battery is dead. Odd, you could have sworn you charged it this morning. The woman steps closer to you, and you can see her teeth are red. Despite stepping into the light, she remains shrouded in shadows which only deepen as she talks. "Oh, it won't take but a moment. You see, I've lost my soul. Yours looks like an adequate replacement, though, so I think I'll indulge!"

((Regarding cellphones and the like, I don't mind you having them, but unless you pay for them you won't get any practical use out of them. Also keep in mind that having paid for them means that I'll offer up equivalent items should the old ones get damaged/lost/eaten by budgies. Also, I've got a randomized list of like ten thousand 2d6 rolls on my computer so if you want to use a skill or attack or whatever just tell me and I'll use the next one in the list))
PM
^
kallman1206
 Posted: Apr 17 2011, 09:55 PM
Quote Post

Rank and File
*
Group: Advanced Member
Posts: 71



.o(Monstersarentrealmonstersarentrealmonstersarentreal)

"I don't know what you're playing at, creepy child, and I'm not about to find out!"

Ichirou flees. He wasn't in the room proper, but the door's not going to snap shut or anything. Trying to get outside, to find more people.

If this is a first or second floor or something, acrobatics out the window at +6 is an option. If that escape route's closed, my dcv is 4. Buy hey, how fast can one little girl be?
PMEmail Poster
^
dingo
 Posted: Apr 17 2011, 10:50 PM
Quote Post

Heroic
*
Group: Advanced Member
Posts: 456



Ito hardly has to think about it, and books it the heck out of the room. As he does, he considers yelling out for help, but, while having his soul devoured by a cute little obae-chan-turned-shadow monster may not be a desirable proposition, his desire to be ignored is near-instinctual, and he holds it in.

Of course, with the comical racket emanating from his shoes as he runs through the acoustically vibrant hallway, his silence is more than compensated for.
PMEmail Poster
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (7) 1 2 3 ... Last » Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll