Pages: (24) 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

» New World of Darkness Compaign, nWoD campaign discussion thread
Greg
 Posted: Mar 1 2012, 10:58 PM
Quote Post

Heroic
Group: Advanced Member

That revision is fine with me.
PMEmail Poster
^
Blacktrench
 Posted: Mar 7 2012, 02:35 PM
Quote Post

Adventurer

Hey guys, since we didn't have time to handle experience last session we will be doing it at the beginning of next session, March 16th.

I recommend you go through your character sheet and mark down what skills/attributes you used last session as it will be important if you want extra experience. How do I get this extra experience you ask? I will include a breakdown of my rewarding system here.
PM
^
dingo
 Posted: Mar 15 2012, 12:49 AM
Quote Post

Heroic

Timothy Clifford

Description
Physically, Timothy has a young look, could be mistaken for younger than his actual 24 years. He generally dresses well, with an understated yet composed fashion sense. Of course, he is seen on campus in his scholar’s gown. He carries himself with purpose and contemplation, like every movement he makes is done for a reason.

Biography
Timothy is the third son of Count Gerald and Alice Clifford. His brothers are Benjamin and David, and their oldest sister is Amelia. Timothy is currently in his last year of Oxford seminary.

His parents are distinguished people, if somewhat irreverent of social norms. His father is highly artistic: constantly drawing and singing, a real hit at social gatherings. He has a somewhat eccentric air about him which is mesmerizing to many, but which makes other really wonder about him.
His mother capably manages household affairs and is a solid, sensible woman. She taught Amelia to take charge of the boys, kept older brothers’ mischievous habits in check, and fostered Timothy’s intellectual abilities. Wanting her children to be independent and successful, she invested time and money into her their education, and it paid off. Amelia married an even wealthier man than her father, and Benjamin developed into an excellent heir, with a keen business sense and the wife who everybody else wanted. David… well, David is very much like his father. All the ladies love David.

Timothy is one of only a handful in his college who actually wants to become clergy. He has a love for philosophy and theology, and his professors have taken notice of his intelligence and understanding of complex theories and paradoxes. His writing and speaking skills have also developed nicely, and he is known for giving insightful and compelling sermons. However, these traits have also lead him to frustration with the actual Anglican churches, and he envisions a more genuine and vibrant form of worship. Likewise, though he regards some of them quite highly, his professors’ and colleagues’ inability to see beyond the realm of the Church of England makes him yearn to get away for a while when he gets the chance.

His friendships are quite healthy ones. He has gained a rapport in the Diocese of Oxford, having been involved in churches there since his undergraduate years. He has a small group of close friends in his church, where they challenge each other intellectually and spiritually. Generally speaking, he considers few social interactions to be really worthwhile. However, those relationships he carries on he treats as very valuable, and worthy of his loyalty and investment.

All of his older siblings have had success in the realm of romance and/or sex. He, however, has not, and to be sure it bothers him. Sexually frustrated would not be an unfair term. His naturally independent nature and high standard of character makes this difficult, as does his lack of experience.

Goals
• Make pilgrimage throughout Europe, the Holy Lands, and perhaps even America, in order to gain a broader perspective on life and faith.
• Finish his degree and get placement in the church.
• Find ways to minister to his flock intellectually and spiritually.
• Find a woman worth his time.
* New Goals (Session 2) *
• Get Eli off the junk.
• Have the gang over for dinner before the holidays are over.

This post has been edited by dingo: Mar 21 2012, 10:08 PM
PMEmail Poster
^
Blacktrench
 Posted: Mar 15 2012, 03:51 PM
Quote Post

Adventurer

Thanks for the post Dingo!

See you all tomorrow at 5:30 pm ^_^
PM
^
Blacktrench
 Posted: Mar 21 2012, 08:00 PM
Quote Post

Adventurer

Hey all!

With the success of today's mini session with Greg and Aggregate I am thinking of having more tiny sessions like these to help with each character's personal stories. If the need arises and if you want to do something with your characters that requires more attention than downtime summaries please don't hesitate to bring it up with me.

Cheers :)
PM
^
Blacktrench
 Posted: Apr 3 2012, 01:55 AM
Quote Post

Adventurer

Hello victims, I mean players! ^_^

You will be getting 4 days of downtime! from the 26th of December to the 30th Please e-mail me your list of things you want to do during that period. Since we left off mid day on the 25th last session you will be allowed that afternoon as well.

Aggregate I will e-mail how your downtime will unfold ASAP,

See you all on the Friday the 13th Session *evil laugh* :lol:
PM
^
trick
 Posted: Apr 4 2012, 09:26 AM
Quote Post

Adventurer

Friday the 13th Session

Seriously, things can't get all that much worse ... can they?
PM
^
Blacktrench
 Posted: Apr 4 2012, 01:53 PM
Quote Post

Adventurer

To take the catch phrase of a certain butler, "what kind of storyteller would I be if I couldn't?" :D
PM
^
Greg
 Posted: Apr 5 2012, 06:24 AM
Quote Post

Heroic

QUOTE (trick @ Apr 4 2012, 09:26 AM)
Friday the 13th Session

Seriously, things can't get all that much worse ... can they?

You didn't see the mini-session Alan and I had.
PMEmail Poster
^
Blacktrench
 Posted: Apr 8 2012, 10:38 PM
Quote Post

Adventurer

Hey guys,

Quick note, I would like to have your downtime activities sent to me by Wednesday as otherwise I might not have time to incorporate for the Friday session; I hope this isn't too big of an inconvenience. If you cannot get it to me by Wednesday for this session I understand as I gave you only 3 days warning but from this session on I will expect all downtime activities sent to me by the Wednesday before session or they will be not taken into account.

Thanks and see you soon ^_^
PM
^
Greg
 Posted: Apr 9 2012, 07:04 AM
Quote Post

Heroic

Would it work if I were to give them to you ON Wednesday?
PMEmail Poster
^
Blacktrench
 Posted: Apr 9 2012, 10:33 AM
Quote Post

Adventurer

Anytime on Wednesday is fine.
PM
^
Blacktrench
 Posted: May 1 2012, 07:41 PM
Quote Post

Adventurer

Hello everybody,

I am just about to e-mail off each of you new info regarding your Regnant relationships but I wanted to discuss the request for downtime here before I do that. I am finding it difficult to put it in between last session and the next one due to the fact you all have just arrived back in London. If you guys really would like to have downtime time I suggest we have a mini session before the 11th then I can work in downtime very easily before the official session; if not we will have no downtime and the normal session on May 11th.

Let me know whether or not you want to try for that, I am fine either way. :)
PM
^
dingo
 Posted: May 1 2012, 07:47 PM
Quote Post

Heroic

Well, we won't be doing Mass Effect on Friday, so technically we probably could do a session. The way I see it, though, downtime is for the natural pauses in the game. The reason I asked about it at the end of session was that I mistakenly thought that we had come to a natural pause, when in reality we still need to go over some things. I'm not interested in forcing downtime when there's more to be done in-game.
PMEmail Poster
^
Blacktrench
 Posted: May 1 2012, 08:16 PM
Quote Post

Adventurer

I agree completely which is why I suggested a mini session as it would move the plot long enough to have a lull in the action. The mini session is still offered as I am done school and have more free time however it won't be on Friday as I work til 9:30 pm.

Edit: I really shouldn't call it a mini session as everyone will be attending (all or nothing), think of this as an extra full session :P

This post has been edited by Blacktrench: May 1 2012, 08:22 PM
PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (24) 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last » Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll