Pages: (24) 1 2 3 4 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

» New World of Darkness Compaign, nWoD campaign discussion thread
trick
 Posted: Feb 2 2012, 01:31 PM
Quote Post

Adventurer
Group: Advanced Member

1. Industrial Revolution
2. 1920's
PM
^
Aggregate
 Posted: Feb 2 2012, 02:27 PM
Quote Post

Adventurer

1. Industrial Revolution
2. The 80's/90's
PM
^
Blacktrench
 Posted: Feb 2 2012, 03:37 PM
Quote Post

Adventurer

Everyone has voted and our winner is...

Industrial Revolution!

With the time period decided I would like to set up a character creation session as soon as possible. Mass Effect will likely be next Friday (Feb 10th) so I would like to aim for February 17th. If it turns out that Mass Effect is not on the 10th that would also work for me. Please post whether or not the 17th or potentially the 10th works for you.

Thank you everyone for responding so quickly with your votes; I am looking forward to showing you my World of Darkness! :)
PM
^
dingo
 Posted: Feb 2 2012, 04:36 PM
Quote Post

Heroic

The next Mass Effect session hasn't been scheduled yet as far as I know. Next Friday I will be busy (with my band playing our first gig at TWU!), so that doesn't really work for me...
PMEmail Poster
^
Blacktrench
 Posted: Feb 2 2012, 05:47 PM
Quote Post

Adventurer

Thanks for the update Dingo. Mass Effect has been going weekly as of Jeremy's arc as far as I know so I must assume that it will resume the following week due to it not being this Friday because of Greg's Game Night deal (hence planning for two potential Fridays ahead). :)

So as it stands you are busy on February 10th, correct?
PM
^
trick
 Posted: Feb 3 2012, 11:02 AM
Quote Post

Adventurer

I'm free either night, I think (though, I'm busy on March 23, so in the long run Feb 17 works better for me).
PM
^
Greg
 Posted: Feb 12 2012, 07:36 PM
Quote Post

Heroic

Are we a go for the 17th?

This post has been edited by Greg: Feb 12 2012, 07:37 PM
PMEmail Poster
^
Blacktrench
 Posted: Feb 12 2012, 07:40 PM
Quote Post

Adventurer

As it stands yes the 17th is a go. Do you guys want to meet up after dinner or before and grab something to eat during? Either option is fine with me.
PM
^
Greg
 Posted: Feb 12 2012, 08:49 PM
Quote Post

Heroic

Dinner actually sounds like it may be a good idea. It could also be a good way of splitting up the game setup between discussion of the setting/party before delving into individual characters.
PMEmail Poster
^
Blacktrench
 Posted: Feb 14 2012, 06:10 PM
Quote Post

Adventurer

Alright unless anyone has any objections, we will meet up around 5:30 pm at my place, get food then have our session. If there is any issues please contact me directly or post here before the 17th otherwise I will assume you will be in attendance at the specified time.

See you all soon :)
PM
^
trick
 Posted: Feb 16 2012, 05:43 PM
Quote Post

Adventurer

I might be a few minutes late, but otherwise that should be fine. Can you PM me your house number? I'm not quite sure I'll recognise the place.
PM
^
Aggregate
 Posted: Feb 17 2012, 04:23 PM
Quote Post

Adventurer

I'll be there but a bit late, after six probably.
PM
^
Blacktrench
 Posted: Feb 28 2012, 03:04 PM
Quote Post

Adventurer

Hey guys, I am just confirming our next session will be this Friday, March 2nd. I assume that meeting at a similar time is fine around 5:30 pm to 6 pm. Please contact me if you cannot make it, thanks.
PM
^
Greg
 Posted: Mar 1 2012, 12:54 PM
Quote Post

Heroic

Captain William Fitzgerald is the second son of Lord Henry Fitzgerald and Charlotte Fitzgerald, Baroness de Ross. His older brother Henry Fitzgerald is the current heir to the Barony de Ross. The Fitzgerald family estate is Boyle Farm, a mansion located on the banks of the Thames River in Surrey, England. They also have another house London which is William’s primary place of residence.

William participated in the later part of the Napoleonic wars, working his way up to Captain. William joined the military not only as an alternate means of acquiring status in the social circles of the English nobility, but also as an excuse to travel abroad, as exploring is one of William’s primary interests. By using both his social connections and noble background, William has attained a fairly loose leash from the military, and is largely free to do as he pleases.

During the War, William participated in both sacking and then raising a French town to the ground. He has managed to rationalize this as both following orders of the higher ups, and working for the greater good of the empire. However since then, he has come to view almost any non-British-citizen as being lesser than those within, though he typically shows this tends to vary, ranging from sheer hatred to patronizing amusement.

Following the war, William has maintained connections with ________, a soldier that served under him during the war, as he considers _________ to be a man who is capable of getting things done, regardless of _________’s feelings on the matter.

There is something of a rivalry between the Captain William and his elder brother Henry, due to the fact that Henry is heir to their mother’s title of Barony, as well as heir to the larger portion of the family fortune. While Henry is possibly twice the party man William is, he lacks the sense of adventure of his younger brother, and is typically either gambling or hosting elaborate parties at the family estate.
William’s primary goals in life are:
a) A) Attain a higher rank in British Society.

B) b)Acquire through personal achievement and discovery, a reputation for being quite possibly the most interesting person alive.

c) c)Expand the influence of the British Empire.
PMEmail Poster
^
trick
 Posted: Mar 1 2012, 10:33 PM
Quote Post

Adventurer

I'd like to make a little amendment to the the backstory: that the raised town be Spanish and not French. First, it makes sense because at that point in time, Napoleon was fighting the British in Spain (in the Peninsular War). The Peninsular War was quite convoluted. First, France and Spain attack Portugal (and Britain). Then France attacks Spain. Spain's government is defeated by the country continues guerrilla warfare with the support of the British.

What happens in our story, is that our regiment comes across a Spanish town that is loyal to France. In some ways this is even more tragic, because the Spanish were more victims of the war than anything else.

Here's a copy of my backstory for everyone to read:

James Hunt

James has always been a scraggly fellow. Because he was the son of British factory owner, he often received the bullying of the poor children. When he was in school, he often spent recess off in the corner, to avoid any trouble.
As a result, when James finished primary school, he was taken out of the public school system and sent to a private tutor. Here, he studied modern sciences and engineering. He also began to work for his father, maintaining and repairing the machinery in the factory. As he got older, he even suggested a few improvements.
His education was going well and he was just accepted to Oxford when he got charged with robbery. He never figured out who was behind it (it wasn’t him), but the goods were found in his garret and so there was enough evidence to send him too jail. Hoping to get out sooner, James joined the army, and because of his education, he was placed in the newly formed British light infantry (43rd Regiment).
He fought against the French for 5 years till the war was over, and he did not leave the army unchanged. All the horrors, and one particular event where he was involved in the slaughter of Spanish village, thought to be containing French sympathizers, dulled his conscience.
He has recently just been released from his service and arrived back in London. His goal is to find his brother, make a living, and hopefully get back into Oxford at some point.

This post has been edited by trick: Mar 1 2012, 10:37 PM
PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (24) 1 2 3 4 ... Last » Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll