Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

» Howdy and Welcome
Jimbo Cactaur
 Posted: Mar 11 2012, 03:00 PM
Quote Post

Hammerhand
Group: Super Moderator

Welcome! I'm not sure if we've got any D&D campaigns in the works or running right now, but I can put in a query to some of the guys who don't check the forums all that often. Hopefully we can find a game that you'll like. I think we are a bit short on GMs at the moment, so if you have any experience in that area I'm sure players would pop up.
PMEmail Poster
^
Greg
 Posted: Mar 11 2012, 06:05 PM
Quote Post

Heroic
Group: Advanced Member

Welcome to the forums, StarStrike. Hopefully you can find something that you can join in on, or start something that others will want to be a part of.

I'm currently running a Mass Effect campaign using the Star Wars Saga Edition RPG, but I've given thought to the possibility of a planescape style D&D game using pathfinder, but that's probably going to be a ways off.

We do occasionally have one-shots from time to time, so see if you can jump in on any of those. We also have a Legend of the Five Rings game that we've been playing fairly continuously over the past number of years, that you are free to join.

PMEmail Poster
^
Jimbo Cactaur
 Posted: Mar 12 2012, 10:36 PM
Quote Post

Hammerhand

Well, Gordon228 replied to me that he and his friend TJ (not currently a member here) are always looking for people to play D&D with. Give him a PM and see what develops. Greg, Aggregate and I played with them a bit when Greg GM'd a short Tomb of Horrors run-through. We looted the rooms and then ran away before facing the final boss, hooray for surviving!
PMEmail Poster
^
Gordon228
 Posted: Mar 26 2012, 01:19 PM
Quote Post

Rank and File

are you also forgetting the pushing of the fake tomb into the orb of analiation? we did survive yes and did some crazy stuff.

I would be willing to participate in a dawn of worlds game if people are interested but where to host such a game.

This post has been edited by Gordon228: Mar 26 2012, 08:23 PM
PM
^
Khysanth
 Posted: Jul 10 2012, 12:21 PM
Quote Post

Greenhorn
Group: Members

Hi all,

I'm Trevor, also in Abbotsford and am looking to get back into the gaming world.. I stumbled across your forums while looking for gamers in the FV and after having read through the forums (and Greg's blog) it's motivated me to at least introduce myself..

I have to warn you though.. I'm 36 and have not played tabletop seriously in over a decade (though have continued to devour my Dragonlance/Forgotten Realms/Ebberon books and have played through Skyrim, Dragonage, etc. - not the same I know, but...)

Back in the day I played AD&D religiously and to a lesser extent Rifts, Shadowrun, Heroes, Star Wars, HeroClix and probably other games whose names I've forgotten.

I have a wife & kids which tends to make spontaneity difficult, but would love to get involved with a regularly scheduled game (or at least something with some advance notice involved). Since I've probably forgotten more than I remember, I'm open to any system/realm/game and can pick things up pretty quick if I have something to read, my preference is a fantasy setting.

Definately a long enough post... :rolleyes:

Cheers.
Trevor
PMEmail Poster
^
redeadlink
 Posted: Jul 10 2012, 10:20 PM
Quote Post

Heroic

Welcome to the forum!

It's okay if you're a little rusty, we're not terrible hardcore when it comes to our role-playing.

If you have trouble committing to table-top sessions, feel free to join/start a PbP campaign.

Also, in regards to your "long post," you're probably outclassed by the likes of some of the people here. A look through the Warhammer Fort-building thread can attest to that.

So, in regards to you joining us, congratulations!!!

This post has been edited by redeadlink: Jul 10 2012, 10:21 PM
PM
^
Jimbo Cactaur
 Posted: Jul 11 2012, 07:24 AM
Quote Post

Hammerhand

Hey Trevor, welcome.

Gotta love Heroclix!! I'd even be up for a game or two of that sometime, gotta dust off the figures though.

Hopefully an RPG will start up soon that will meet your needs.
PMEmail Poster
^
Khysanth
 Posted: Jul 11 2012, 07:47 AM
Quote Post

Greenhorn
Group: Members

Thanks guys, I appreciate the welcome (and the youtube clip which made me chuckle :D )

I may be rusty, but I would love to jump feet first into a table top RPG, just the thought has me feeling all nostalgic... If anyone needs a new player (for just about anything..), please let me know - not sure how the message system works here, but I can be reached at trevorb_2000@yahoo.com

I used to love Heroclix, but have either sold or given most of my clix away. I liked the old school clix best when it first came out - before they complicated things by adding cards and multi-powers and messed everything up!

PMEmail Poster
^
Greg
 Posted: Jul 11 2012, 09:51 PM
Quote Post

Heroic

Hey, welcome. It's cool to hear that my blog has helped to revive some of your old interest in tabletop gaming.

I'm considering running a handful of short adventures and one-shots during the fall, and I like to get people outside of my normal playing group involved in those.

There is a definite interest brewing in our group towards playing a more serious fantasy adventure campaign, so that may be right up your alley.

Our group also has board game nights on a fairly regular basis, though sometimes they can be a bit spontaneous. Still, it would be cool to see you at those, and we'll do our best to let you know if any of those are coming up if we can schedule some far enough ahead of time.

This post has been edited by Greg: Jul 11 2012, 09:52 PM
PMEmail Poster
^
Jimbo Cactaur
 Posted: Jul 11 2012, 10:14 PM
Quote Post

Hammerhand

Speaking of boardgames... This next week is open for me, I'll post in Table Talk
PMEmail Poster
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (2) 1 2  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll