Forum Rules Important

This forum is used to help players find a campaign to participate in. In order to facilitate this we ask the following.

1. If your campaign is full or not accepting players, please close the topic. The topic can be opened again if this changes.
  2. Place the name of the system used in the topic name for instance "BESM: Giant robots in space"

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

» Old Earth Anew
mandlebrot
 Posted: May 28 2011, 10:08 PM
Quote Post

Rank and File
Group: Advanced Member

Ok, I'm not sure if this should go here or in the Real World section, its kind of an alternate earth history with special technology.

Its set around 1915A.D. The idea is for an expedition of adventure seekers scientists to go to an island that is rumored to have advanced technology from an ancient civilization.

I have more back story written, but I would prefer to keep secret for now, since especially since it will be a campaign full of discovery.

anyway tell me what you think!
PMEmail Poster
^
redeadlink
 Posted: May 28 2011, 10:09 PM
Quote Post

Heroic

What dice system would you be using for it? or does it come with its own?

This post has been edited by redeadlink: May 28 2011, 10:11 PM
PM
^
mandlebrot
 Posted: May 28 2011, 10:12 PM
Quote Post

Rank and File

yeah... not sure yet, I'm not sure what systems are out there for this kind of thing. I know there's a really simple one called "turn of the century" or there's a gurps system for everything. I have done some research in GURPS and I think it would work, I know some people don't like GURPS (am I right?) but I don't see what's wrong with it (yet)

Also: am I just copying the campaign that Logan ran a long time ago? I can't exactly remember what it was about except that it was Turn of the Century.

This post has been edited by mandlebrot: May 28 2011, 10:46 PM
PMEmail Poster
^
dingo
 Posted: May 28 2011, 10:46 PM
Quote Post

Heroic

Do you mean Spirit of the Century?
PMEmail Poster
^
mandlebrot
 Posted: May 28 2011, 10:50 PM
Quote Post

Rank and File

Yes I believe I do.

I was just going to say "probably", but the site won't let me post with so few characters.

If anyone has a favorite system to suggest I am open to ideas, at this point I'm just looking to see if there is any interest.

This post has been edited by mandlebrot: May 28 2011, 10:51 PM
PMEmail Poster
^
Jimbo Cactaur
 Posted: May 30 2011, 11:13 PM
Quote Post

Hammerhand
Group: Super Moderator

Like with my query about systems for a post apoc type campaign I would suggest what was suggested to me. Cortex. It is straight forward and fairly balanced, and meshes with modern day equipment and future tech. It is used for Firefly.

Basically it uses dice steps: d2-d12, and both skills and attributes are ascribed a dice step value. Then to roll you roll the die listed for the appropriate skill and attribute combo. This allows rolls of Str + Running for sprinting, and Vit +Running for long haul. Anyway, I think the system would work, you could just rename stuff however you saw fit for future tech. my two cents.
PMEmail Poster
^
Greg
 Posted: May 31 2011, 11:15 AM
Quote Post

Heroic

While somewhat interested, (like I am with most RPGs) I'm already involved about as many games as I can handle. (possibly more) I'd be interested in knowing how it goes, though, so keep me informed.
PMEmail Poster
^
mandlebrot
 Posted: May 31 2011, 02:37 PM
Quote Post

Rank and File

ok, Cortex... I read a review and I am interested, but I could not find a pdf download in any of my usual places.

Could someone who has it somehow get it to me? Or if you could link me to the place you got it, that would be great.
PMEmail Poster
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll