Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

» Spacehammer, Some first time RPers cause havoc
Jimbo Cactaur
 Posted: Sep 17 2017, 09:15 PM
Quote Post

Hammerhand
Group: Super Moderator

My two brothers-in-law have chosen Warhammer Fantasy, set in space. They want to be a space Elf and a space Dwarf... a Sp-dwarf, with a Sp-axe. And so it begins.

They start as random hired thugs on Eureka 7, an entertainment space station near a mining outpost in a far removed asteroid field. They are to meet up with their contact, help him close the deal, then join his crew as muscle as he does more crime.

The first NPC they meet had a little too much "flair" I guess, and they kill his dog and then gut him with a high density laser. In the street. In broad daylight. The Sp-dwarf is a cyborg. Local security forces attempt to capture them and they flee the scene with their new favorite thing, a grappling hook launcher.

They decide to lay low in the nicest penthouse they can find, and claim it for themselves. They set traps for any intruders. The original occupants arrive home and the traps work. They try to see if the Sp-elf's magic sword that sometimes opens up little black holes can be used to dispose of the bodies, I say no. I also say that they can't put two adult humans down the garbage disposal without something going horribly wrong. I am a little concerned at their methods so far. They toss the bodies from the balcony into the dumpster below with moderate success.

They hijack the dead couple's vehicle to make it to the contact point on time. They aren't careful enough and the authorities are on their trail. They arrive just in time to be faced with a moral dilemma; their new boss is trading slave children for sp-crystal meth. When the station police bust in on the deal they use the chaos to cross both sides, killing the meth dealers, most of their new crew, and taking out the cop's hover skiff too. Then they leave their boss wounded, grab the slave kids and the sp-crystal meth, and jack his ship.

They quickly formulate plans for creating an army of child soldiers and I start to get more concerned. Both my brothers-in-law are parents themselves...
PMEmail Poster
^
Jimbo Cactaur
 Posted: Nov 18 2017, 01:15 PM
Quote Post

Hammerhand
Group: Super Moderator

I introduce Ed into the campaign, as one of the slave children/orphans. This is Ed from Cowboy Bebop. Their skill sets are lacking most technical skills. The dwarf cyborg orders the other children into a living, moving chair so that he doesn't have to walk. I am more concerned than before.

I force a moral path on them and they drop off most of the children at the orphanage where Ed grew up. The four most apt for violence are kept, and Ed. They pick up a new player, a cousin, who will be their sp-elf pilot. They encounter a goblin raiding party descending on a nearby village. They stopped to repaint their stolen ship purple. They have named it Sharkesha. They enjoy slaughtering the greenskins, but when the numbers become overwhelming they resort to using Sharkesha as a big, purple goblin squisher.

The villagers throw them a big party and pay them in foodstuffs and wine.
PMEmail Poster
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll