Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

» Urban Arcana OOC, The Metagame Thread
dingo
 Posted: Mar 30 2011, 09:34 PM
Quote Post

Heroic
Group: Advanced Member

In order to keep the main story threads tidy, I thought it'd be prudent to have an OOC thread for rules discussions, questions about established canon and common knowledge (the in-game kind, as opposed to the difference between a dog and a cat), and comments on the progress of the game.

That last one is kind of important. This being a text-only game, I as the GM have some limitations in reading (so to speak) your reactions. And as an interactive game, it's only worthwhile if you guys are having fun. So I'd appreciate it if you guys voiced your commendations and/or criticisms. PM's are good for that, but feel free to use this thread as well.
PMEmail Poster
^
dingo
 Posted: Apr 3 2011, 10:20 PM
Quote Post

Heroic

A note about game mechanics:

I know things haven't gotten to a point where a lot of rolling is required, but when they do, keep in mind that I check the forums pretty regularly. If an action requires a roll, call it in square brackets, possibly in bold, and I should generally be able to post the results of the action within 12 hours of my first seeing the post.

Also, for the sake of keeping the game going, should I invoke an aspect for any character (which I plan to do through PM's), the player has 24 hours to respond, either by spending Fate points to refuse the invocation or accepting the invocation and the Fate points. Not responding will be result in automatic invocation.
PMEmail Poster
^
Jimbo Cactaur
 Posted: Apr 4 2011, 08:27 PM
Quote Post

Hammerhand
Group: Super Moderator

Question: Are there set days that the storyline will progress? I had assumed there were going to be, but it doesn't look like that is the case. Either way it doesn't matter to me, I just need to know if I have any time to consider my characters actions for more than 20 minutes before posting.
PMEmail Poster
^
dingo
 Posted: Apr 4 2011, 09:03 PM
Quote Post

Heroic

Well...

I've been making my main posts on Tuesdays and Saturdays, but I actually remember you asking this before. To be honest, I'm still not sure what you mean when you say, "when the storyline will progress." I don't think people are posting often enough for the story to progress much faster. Or is that not what you mean?
PMEmail Poster
^
Jimbo Cactaur
 Posted: Apr 5 2011, 08:11 AM
Quote Post

Hammerhand

Perhaps storyline progression is a bit much, but since you are the GM you are the only one who can give us definitive answers regarding things that we want to do and things we want to know, I considered that storyline progression, microscopic as it is.

I guess it makes more sense with an actual party unit like in L5R, but I was waiting a day to mull over my characters response to Mr. Ko, thinking that you would only need the reply by Tuesday, but you replied without me getting a chance to post. I was a little disappointed, since I wanted to say something, but was just working it out in my head. This is where I expected you to only progress the storyline on Tuesday.

Does that make sense?

PMEmail Poster
^
dingo
 Posted: Apr 5 2011, 09:45 AM
Quote Post

Heroic

Yeah, I think so.

With that situation, I was reacting what Tobin was doing in order to keep the story going at least on an individual level. Doing Ilikk and Ko's actions was an afterthought, so if you like I can hold off on stuff like that.

So to answer your question, Tuesdays and Saturdays are definite story days for everyone, but I check the forum pretty often, so I'll respond to any in-between posts fairly quickly.
PMEmail Poster
^
Jimbo Cactaur
 Posted: Apr 5 2011, 11:45 PM
Quote Post

Hammerhand

I would like that, in people situations mostly I think.
PMEmail Poster
^
dingo
 Posted: Apr 6 2011, 10:02 PM
Quote Post

Heroic

When characters meet for the first time, feel free to give thorough physical descriptions.
PMEmail Poster
^
dingo
 Posted: Apr 10 2011, 09:14 PM
Quote Post

Heroic

Just to let you guys know, I'm holding off on controlling Alex, since Trick said that he'll soon do his character conversion and start posting for Alex.
PMEmail Poster
^
dingo
 Posted: Apr 17 2011, 04:25 PM
Quote Post

Heroic

I guess it's kind of obvious now, but I've sort of shifted my posting days one day later to Wednesdays and Sundays. I don't know, I guess they just work better for me.

Also, to be clear, I'm only doing skill rolls if 1) an action is declared, and 2) there is a reasonable chance of failure. I give the results as x's (neither plus nor minus), -'s, and +'s, like x--+.
PMEmail Poster
^
dingo
 Posted: Apr 22 2011, 05:16 PM
Quote Post

Heroic

Okay, I'm changing how I'm gonna do things here. Forget Wednesdays and Saturdays, because to be honest I never really saw the point of only posting twice a week. I'd like to have it so that at the end of every day, the last post in the story thread will be mine. I won't go postingy any faster than you players do, but a semi-weekly posting schedule is too slow for both the story and for me personally to remember.

So from now on, if any one of you posts over the course of a day, expect me to post again in response within 24 hours.

EDIT: Also understand that, if you do not post, your character does nothing.

This post has been edited by dingo: Apr 22 2011, 05:19 PM
PMEmail Poster
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll